Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Convert Pentax/Ricoh/Chinon PK body to Praktika PB mount?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:10 pm    Post subject: Convert Pentax/Ricoh/Chinon PK body to Praktika PB mount? Reply with quote

Hi folks

I love my PB mount lenses - 1.8/50, 2.4/50, 2.8/28, 2.8/135 Pentacons, 3.5/135 and 2.4/35 Zeiss, but Praktica B series bodies are not so hot, I've had the last 4 fail on me so I've started thinking of alternative instead of buying another.

The PB mount s identical to the PK mount in all but two regards - the flanges on the lens are a tiny bit thicker on the PB and the register is slightly different.

The register is not a problem as the lenses all allow infinity to be adjusted, but I don't want to gring down the flanges so I wondered, couldn't I just pu a PB mount from a dead Praktica onto a PK mount body? Of course, I'll lose any automation and be stuck with manual only.

Anyone got any thoughts or alternative suggestions?