Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Convert Minolta lens to EOS...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:43 pm    Post subject: Convert Minolta lens to EOS... Reply with quote

I didnt know about this,

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze7qf7h/minolta/id2.html

Seems like a good option...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bit daunting due to the registration distance being slightly longer on the Canon, which is rare for EOS, but I don't see why it's not doable, it's only a tiny amount.

I have actually been thinking of converting Nikon F lenses to Pentax K mount which again should be possible but I'm still not 100% sure if it would be worth it Confused

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a chart showing the relative registration distances of various lens mounts. The red boxes indicate combinations that won't achieve infinity focus (i.e. the lens registration distance is too small for the camera) and the yellow boxes are where the distance is equal. For instance this is why the M42 adapter for K mount has to be flush.

The chart doesn't look into the question of whether the physical size of the lens mount will fit inside the camera, this is probably the limiting factor:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent chart thank you, I shall definitely use that for future reference.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great chart, Peter!
Any news about the German Flek?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Great chart, Peter!
Any news about the German Flek?

Yes. He eventually let me know the postage cost and I paid by Paypal straight away. The lens arrived 2 days later roughly wrapped in 3 sheets of newspaper and packed in a very flimsy, re-used cardboard box. When I unwrapped it I was very disappointed - the diaphragm is stuck wide open and neither the aperture dial or the pin have any effect and the little stop-down lever to operate the diaphragm is missing. The lens produces very soft images so I assume it is stuck wide open, although the aperture is fairly small. Worse still, it's obvious someone very heavy-handed has tried to repair it, using a hammer and chisel I should think. The glass looks OK but the paintwork is badly scratched and the heads of the scews are damaged. He used a photograph of a different lens in the listing!

Needless to say, I've asked him for a full refund (in English). I'll PM the message to you tomorrow, Carsten, with some pictures to show you the damage. I'm waiting for him to answer and tell me what he wants me to do with the lens. It is "significantly not as described" according to Paypal's rules, so if he doesn't agree to a refund I will initiate a claim. I may need your help again my friend!

Last edited by peterqd on Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest to you start claim before send any mail to him and if claim started write to him an email. Please,let me know how much you pay for this lens and what type of Flek.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
I suggest to you start claim before send any mail to him and if claim started write to him an email. Please,let me know how much you pay for this lens and what type of Flek.

Thanks Attila. It's a Flek 4/20 M42 Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This guy rare sell photographic item I wish you luck. Claim is a great tool in your hand he not able to withdrawn this amount without your permit.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
This guy rare sell photographic item I wish you luck. Claim is a great tool in your hand he not able to withdrawn this amount without your permit.

Thanks Attila, I'm pleased to tell you he's given me a full refund including P&P. I'm holding on to the lens, maybe the parts will come in useful sometime.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect! Free lens, not bad Smile

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The link regarding registration distance

http://www.a1.nl/phomepag/markerink/mounts.htm

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear, Peter! Thank God.