Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Contax RX issue
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hexi wrote:

I also think that it would cost me less, i already counted :
- package to USA insured 24€, posts back almost the same, plus eventual customs again 58€ = 100€ MEH !

You wouldn't have to pay Customs on a repair.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh well sorry i haven't seen the previous messages. Trifox yes i'll do that, farside thanx for the info.

Though i discovered something : i 've been through all the speed from 1/4000 to 4s looking closely at the shutter curtain door open , no lens as adviced by marty.

Now i'm testing with the lens and ( i may sound a bit stupid ) the mirror is locked by the lens ! I mean the lens barrel is stucked between 1 and 1.2 distance only , then the mirror flips back in place, i've done it dozen times its the same :s . can it be possible that its the lens fault ?? Confused

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hexi wrote:
can it be possible that its the lens fault ??

Sounds strange. Are you using the planar 50? Check the mount end of the lens with the focus distance set to infinity, if the rear element is protruding in significant way from the mount plane there is something wrong. I don't know this lens but usually in a 50 mm optical design rear element should not protrude from the mount plane. If you are using an off brand lens with an adapter everything is possible.
Also check the mirror alignment, if not seated correctly you should able to see it.
Marty.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds strange yes, but its real at least from here :s i have no clue by now. the mirror seems aligned plus with the grid screen i can check easily. The lens is a 1.7/50mm Planar, and i had no issues on the 139.... i've sent picturez to trifox, he'll tell me what's wrong. thanx again

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Continuing of the story....

Quote:
It sounds like it will be smarter to exchange the camera. You can send the camera back to us by EMS. You will have to file with France for a return oyour customs fees. The exchange rate means the repair will be worth more than the camera itself. 85 Euro is too much for the repairs. Please let us know when you are shipping the camera back to us and we will be on the look out for the item.

Fair enough, but i shipped the item today to trifox :s
I've asked for a partial refund , wait & see.

It didn't taked long for them to reply...

Quote:
We can refund $45

MEH Very Happy

Well i've seen RX's bodies starting auctions at 300$. To sum it up, if the camera worx fine even if i had to pay a bit extra, its ok. That's the mystery of ebay sells ^.^

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hexi wrote:
Continuing of the story....

Quote:
It sounds like it will be smarter to exchange the camera. You can send the camera back to us by EMS. You will have to file with France for a return oyour customs fees. The exchange rate means the repair will be worth more than the camera itself. 85 Euro is too much for the repairs. Please let us know when you are shipping the camera back to us and we will be on the look out for the item.

Fair enough, but i shipped the item today to trifox :s
I've asked for a partial refund , wait & see.

It didn't taked long for them to reply...

Quote:
We can refund $45

MEH Very Happy

Well i've seen RX's bodies starting auctions at 300$. To sum it up, if the camera worx fine even if i had to pay a bit extra, its ok. That's the mystery of ebay sells ^.^

The 45 Dollars refund? Well, it's not enough.

TF

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're a business company that's understeable. So the less money the give etc. Though from now on my expense goes like this for this camera in €

- 160€ camera ( 130 ) & shipping. + customs 58€ Confused
- troubles with working, so repair : shipping 26€ + repair 80€ ~

324€ so far. I could have bought a working RX for that price.

nevermind, i'll go back to them for aasking of a higher refund.

By the way is whats your estimate of this body only ? 300€ more ? less ?

And now i've sent a mail, cause they offered to refund for repair costs ( see previous page message ). 45$ doesn't cover anything for me, and i'm not a greedy person.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand either.

I hope that I will be able offer something better in a short time ..

tf

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things are getting better Very Happy

Quote:
We can refund the repair costs but we can not refund shipping. Would you mind telling us the full repair costs and which currency you are using? It looked like pounds but we wanted to be sure for conversion

And i got this today from keh supervisor !!!

Quote:
Since we were not able to get the camera back for exchange, which wouldhave been our choice, I will authorize $100 US Dollars refund to you forthe repair. That is the most I will allow. We should have been contacted
before you sent the camera for repair and things would have been better
for us.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok end of story. I've been refunded 100$ by them. Which is better than the 45$ Very Happy Fair enough keh.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys, i did recieve a RX (almost mint) from Mr. Jambchtchiik (shphoto-gmbh) today and it has the same issue - mirror locks up. While it hangs i have to refocus totaly, than it releases. It happens more if lens is stopped down - the more the more probably it will happen.

Would be very happy to read how the story developed - what was the problem? Is the mirror misaligned?

EDIT: after some more testing with a Vario-Sonnar 4/80-200 i found that the mirror hangs always, independet of other factors, i can release by shaking the camera a bit. Also i found that the mirror itself goes 2mm further than the plate that it's mounted on, and it looks like it sligtly reaches further outside on one side - is not in one plane with the mount

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After talking to my rapair man, it seems that this is a common Contax RX issue. The mirror is glued 2mm too ouside of the body and colides with some (most) lenses. He said he reipaired exactly the same thing 3 months ago. The fix should costs round 25€. Will check with seller for refund.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

darmodej wrote:
Would be very happy to read how the story developed - what was the problem? Is the mirror misaligned?

Hi mister

First advice : never buy from this guy.

The whole story :

I bought an RX from kehoutlet on ebay, for a ridiculous price 160$. the body was in perfect shape, a small ding which in never paid attention for on the pentaprism, like 1mm.

having made 3 films ! i noticed that the negative was partially unexposed. During shoots the mirror locked up for a couple of shots in success. It was a mirror misalignement of 5mm. The body was repaired by cameraservice ( Stan and his repairman )

Note that keh refound me 100$ after many mails cos i insisted, they proposed me to send the body back but it would cost me a bit. So the refound covered the repair price , like 45€ if i remind correct.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Hexi, thanks for the update. I will try the same as you did.

Did ask them for 25€ refund after they proposed that i send the camera back to germany and they fix and send (and pay my shipping cost).

You mean i should not buy from 'shphoto-gmbh' or keh?

hexi wrote:

Hi mister

First advice : never buy from this guy.

The whole story :

I bought an RX from kehoutlet on ebay, for a ridiculous price 160$. the body was in perfect shape, a small ding which in never paid attention for on the pentaprism, like 1mm.

having made 3 films ! i noticed that the negative was partially unexposed. During shoots the mirror locked up for a couple of shots in success. It was a mirror misalignement of 5mm. The body was repaired by cameraservice ( Stan and his repairman )

Note that keh refound me 100$ after many mails cos i insisted, they proposed me to send the body back but it would cost me a bit. So the refound covered the repair price , like 45€ if i remind correct.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Avoid shphoto-gmbh. The guy's greedy ans takes everyone for rich people. I haven't bought anything, but when you see that for the same camera or lens he asks 3x the price ...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah, ok Smile ..this one had a good price and i got another 10% down, bought it within 30min from listing ...well only problem is the misaligned mirror

hexi wrote:
Avoid shphoto-gmbh. The guy's greedy ans takes everyone for rich people. I haven't bought anything, but when you see that for the same camera or lens he asks 3x the price ...