Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

CONTAX RF KIEV NIKON RF SONY NEX SAMSUNG NX micro 4/3
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: CONTAX RF KIEV NIKON RF SONY NEX SAMSUNG NX micro 4/3 Reply with quote

Friend of mine who is a busy repair man here, made adapter from KIEV mount to SONY NEX.

http://forum.mflenses.com/nikon-contax-kiev-rf-sony-nex-adapter-t46506.html

Last edited by Attila on Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:11 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of a kind Attila. Beats any cheap Chinese adapters! Wink

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superb! Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stingOM wrote:
One of a kind Attila. Beats any cheap Chinese adapters! Wink

I glad to buy cheap Chinese ones, they are good ones usually, but this KIEV adapter is expensive from KIPON 100-200 UKP.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems a very well made adapter. Very Happy

Is it possible to made one with a L39 mount? Moreover, can this adapter adjuster for Nikon RF lens?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no clue about Nikon RF lenses I never hold any , but as I know form .NET they are same.

I bought this first prototype from Charles , I did ask him when he able to ship next one, he said at this weekend.
So if anybody need let me know.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
I have no clue about Nikon RF lenses I never hold any , but as I know form .NET they are same.

I bought this first prototype from Charles , I did ask him when he able to ship next one, he said at this weekend.
So if anybody need let me know.

I see. Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://forum.mflenses.com/jupiter-8-5cm-f2-8-red-p-kiev-contax-rf-sony-nex-3-t47036.html

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess this is where the adapters I've seen on ebay come from. I actually have a Kiev 4 myself that I could disassemble if I knew how to make an adapter that will make the Jupiter 8M on it to work on m4/3.

So can anyone explain what is the added functionality over a cheap ebay adapter like this one?:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no more added functionality, they all do the same thing. I guess a scratch made one will be expensive whereas a Kiev conversion would be cheaper. I made one and posted photos on this site but they have gone now.

The whole focusing mechanism fits inside a M39 adapter and the FFD almost matches so its quite an easy job.

I had no clue, but managed to remove the whole lens mount and focusing mechanism from a broken kiev in about 10 minutes, tried it on my M39 adapter and found it worked. Really the biggest job was to remove the excess metalwork with a hacksaw and files.

The whole operaton took a couple of hours, most of the time was making it look pretty.

I dropped it recently and the spring got bent when it hit the floor - its quite front-heavy now it doesnt work too good. I'm on the lookout for a new lens retaining spring!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

philslizzy wrote:

The whole focusing mechanism fits inside a M39 adapter and the FFD almost matches so its quite an easy job.

I had no clue, but managed to remove the whole lens mount and focusing mechanism from a broken kiev in about 10 minutes, tried it on my M39 adapter and found it worked. Really the biggest job was to remove the excess metalwork with a hacksaw and files.

how much of the metal do you have to remove? i have m39 to m43 adapter and kiev mount removed from broken kiev 4m i got for 2€ and am looking to make myself kiev to m43 adapter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lens mount is on a large squarish metal panel. Really you just have to cut it off round the lens mount and finish it off. Perhaps I'll get a broken Kiev and do it again.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

philslizzy wrote:
The lens mount is on a large squarish metal panel. Really you just have to cut it off round the lens mount and finish it off. Perhaps I'll get a broken Kiev and do it again.

yes, but besides that panel, do you have to remove metal from the rear of the mount to fit into an adapter or leave it as it is?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, just trim off the square metal panel (which is very soft brass and cuts very easily).

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The whole focus mechanism fits into an M39 adapter, Its easy to get the lens mount off. Here are a couple of DIY solutions offered by members here.

http://forum.mflenses.com/diy-adapter-for-contax-rf-inner-mount-t49091.html

http://forum.mflenses.com/another-diy-contax-rf-nikon-s-to-nex-mft-eos-m-adapter-t53612.html

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

philslizzy wrote:
The whole focus mechanism fits into an M39 adapter, Its easy to get the lens mount off. Here are a couple of DIY solutions offered by members here.

http://forum.mflenses.com/diy-adapter-for-contax-rf-inner-mount-t49091.html

http://forum.mflenses.com/another-diy-contax-rf-nikon-s-to-nex-mft-eos-m-adapter-t53612.html

First link i've seen, second i didn't , thanks. kiev disassembly instructions i have found on kiev survival site, so mount is off. i just didn't know do i have to remove metal from the rear or not. that's now cleared up, thanks. i'll post the photo of the finished adapter when i make it.