SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in
Contax II fixing
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Contax II fixing Reply with quote

I bought a dead Contax II Made in Stuttgart while ago, I bough camera on 'blind' auction I did know only it was pretty nice looking.
Shutter , did not work, lens was dirty ,haze inside and focusing was really hard , RF did not work at all. It was a nice brick only. I did worry a bit to give to my pro repair man Charles , due camera is covered with glued leatherette and not easy to take off and put back after repair.

So Charles first did fix shutter knob and lens and I had to decide keep as nice display item or risk to open it , I did took that risk and today I got back a beautiful camera no trace path of any fix and camera in fully working order. I couldn't be happier Smile If you need to fix your Contax or any kind of other camera don't hesitate I will give it to your Charles contact information or I glad to assist.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to know!

After I fixed some years ago a Rollei 35 I probably wouldnt dare to repair my Contax IIa on my own.