Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

[Contax G2] Old tractors show
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:41 am    Post subject: [Contax G2] Old tractors show Reply with quote

"Scanned" with Rodagon, film is Rollei Digibase CN 200 Pro (negative)
(this film is good for traditional scanning but not so much for copying with camera in my opinion)

Biogon 21mm:

Planar 35mm:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice series of tractors!
why do you think this film is not good for camera copying, result look encouraging for a first try
how did you reverse the negative?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:

why do you think this film is not good for camera copying, result look encouraging for a first try

Because it is a low contrast film. It helps with scanners (that don't have RAW), but with RAW, I prefer film with more acutance, that preserve more details, and to adjust contrast in the RAW parameters.

It is true that the results are nice, but this is because I have been using my best lenses, that make up for this film's acutance limitation

poilu wrote:
how did you reverse the negative?

I didn't Wink
This is a special negative film, that is built without the orange mask. A simple Ctrl+I is enough to obtain a good base. Of course you still have to white balance afterwards.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting set of old machinery - I especially enjoyed that panned shot, pic 6.
That reminds me, I have some similar old tractor stuff taken a couple of months ago.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more I see from this cam/lens, the more I think I need one. Please, stop showing pics like these! Wink