Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Considering buying a lens?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:18 pm    Post subject: Considering buying a lens? Reply with quote

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Laugh 1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, my mind processes this in a remarkably simiiar fashion! Mebbe that's why I'm always broke . . .

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So much wisdom on a small sheet of paper Friends

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your Flight was delayed quite a while then?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just buy the lens and lie. Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoo Turtle

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL priceless.
TFS

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried using your logic tree for this: https://www.sigmaphoto.com/200-500mm-f2-8-apo-ex-dg

It seems I should go ahead & buy it even though I have no use for it (too heavy / wrong mounts for me...) and it will make paying the mortgage impossible. I think adding a stage right at the start for 'do you want it?' (or 'can you use it?') , might improve matters - I know 99% of the time the answers probably yes!

The issue over affording it is more tricky. My wife is happy for me to spend whatever I want on my hobbies, it's just she assumes she's free to spend at least as much on hers!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DC, I think I found a loophole for your problem. The decicion-chart presumes you wonder whether you are going to buy the lens. In case it is not a question, you have no need for the chart.

Problem solved Very Happy

(but we all know that deep inside, you want that lens Laughing Laughing Laughing )

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is an infinite loop in the diagram: Do you want to find a partner -> No -> Do you want to die alone -> No -> Do you want to find a partner ->

Guess who in this fórum is stuck in this loop. Laugh 1

Hint: It's not me, I'm married. Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is cool.. at the momment I wanted to share it on facebook. but wait, my wife will see it...not good Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is another bubble to be fitted into this critical path diagram which runs like this:

"Isn't this the lens which your partner believes you to have owned for several months but have only just got round to getting it out of the bag/just got back from the shop where it had some adjustments made under warranty?"