Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

confused about Pentacon-6 and Kiev-88 mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:42 pm    Post subject: confused about Pentacon-6 and Kiev-88 mount Reply with quote

In my exploration of former communist lenses, I encounter a lot of intriguing medium format lenses. In particular, some in the 80-90mm range appeal to me.

However, I am confused as to the lens mounts, Pentacon 6 and Kiev 88 / Salyut. Many adapters are listed to be compatible with both. However, other resources point out some compatibility issues between P6 lenses on K88 and vice-versa (I found that the register distance is different too)

Would I need an additional adapter from Kiev-88 to Pentacon 6, for using Kiev-mount lenses?

(I know these lenses do not have ultra-high resolution, but that is of no concern.)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiev 88 is a newer mount and with a cheap adapter you can use kiev 88 mount LENS on pentacon camera. I have 1 kiev 88 lens and an adapter I also have a few pentacon 6 lenses (These are also the same as exakta 66 for the most part) that I use with pentacon 6 to EOS adapter.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, highly appreciated!

Now I also understand what I was seeing in some Ukrainian ads. The answer was right in front of me but I simply didn't add things up Embarassed

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well sometimes its hard to figure out what is actually what with these things. Using the Kiev mount on my Sony a7ii I have to go from lens to kiev/pent 6 adapter, pent 6 adapter to pent 6/eos adapter, eos adapter to eos/nex adapter to camera!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I know what you mean, I was looking for a solution based on M42 Smile and the ads also include a P6-macro-ring.

I'll get one of those adapters and then look around for a clean Volna, Vega or CZJ 80mm medium format. Seems a really nice experiment, shooting flowers and portraits in the upcoming spring with one of these lenses, using my Sigma and Pentax Whoo Turtle

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The CZJ Biometar 80mm 2.8 can frequently be had in the Pentacon 6 mount for 50 to 60 dollars. Its a pretty good lens. Inexpensive way toget to the standard portrait FL.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is indeed one of the lenses I was aiming at. I also noticed the Industar-29 in the same price range, which is simply a gorgeous looking lens, even if used as a display item Thank You Dog

Resolution is not really a concern, as I intend to use this on 3 to 6 MP camera's.