Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

confused about Pentacon-6 and Kiev-88 mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:42 pm    Post subject: confused about Pentacon-6 and Kiev-88 mount Reply with quote

In my exploration of former communist lenses, I encounter a lot of intriguing medium format lenses. In particular, some in the 80-90mm range appeal to me.

However, I am confused as to the lens mounts, Pentacon 6 and Kiev 88 / Salyut. Many adapters are listed to be compatible with both. However, other resources point out some compatibility issues between P6 lenses on K88 and vice-versa (I found that the register distance is different too)

Would I need an additional adapter from Kiev-88 to Pentacon 6, for using Kiev-mount lenses?

(I know these lenses do not have ultra-high resolution, but that is of no concern.)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiev 88 is a newer mount and with a cheap adapter you can use kiev 88 mount LENS on pentacon camera. I have 1 kiev 88 lens and an adapter I also have a few pentacon 6 lenses (These are also the same as exakta 66 for the most part) that I use with pentacon 6 to EOS adapter.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, highly appreciated!

Now I also understand what I was seeing in some Ukrainian ads. The answer was right in front of me but I simply didn't add things up Embarassed

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well sometimes its hard to figure out what is actually what with these things. Using the Kiev mount on my Sony a7ii I have to go from lens to kiev/pent 6 adapter, pent 6 adapter to pent 6/eos adapter, eos adapter to eos/nex adapter to camera!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I know what you mean, I was looking for a solution based on M42 Smile and the ads also include a P6-macro-ring.

I'll get one of those adapters and then look around for a clean Volna, Vega or CZJ 80mm medium format. Seems a really nice experiment, shooting flowers and portraits in the upcoming spring with one of these lenses, using my Sigma and Pentax Whoo Turtle

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The CZJ Biometar 80mm 2.8 can frequently be had in the Pentacon 6 mount for 50 to 60 dollars. Its a pretty good lens. Inexpensive way toget to the standard portrait FL.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is indeed one of the lenses I was aiming at. I also noticed the Industar-29 in the same price range, which is simply a gorgeous looking lens, even if used as a display item Thank You Dog

Resolution is not really a concern, as I intend to use this on 3 to 6 MP camera's.