Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

confirm adapters
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:44 pm    Post subject: confirm adapters Reply with quote

Could you guys recommend me a good seller for confirm adapters?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jinfinance or photobits42 on ebay. I've dealt with both of them. photobits42 supplied a chipped adapter which had the chip slightly out of position - it worked fine on a film EOS but not on a digital. He replaced it and refunded postage, no quibble.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.
I'm on jinfinance.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have problems with jinfinance. I have order a Focusing-Screen and have wait 5 weeks, but i have it not.

Paypal is informed and i wait and wait and wait. No answer on my mails, nothing.... Evil or Very Mad

cu Uwe

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kretzsche wrote:
i have problems with jinfinance. I have order a Focusing-Screen and have wait 5 weeks, but i have it not.

Paypal is informed and i wait and wait and wait. No answer on my mails, nothing.... Evil or Very Mad

cu Uwe

Hard to believe, he is a nice seller , pretty sad sorry about your disappointment.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a little chit-chat over the Internet with jinfinance about a M42 Adapter with focus confirmation chip.
So I asked him about the thickness of the flange and his answer was
" about 1.34mm".
I got back to him telling him" that in order to reach the infinity I need an adapter with 1.48-.152mm thickness"
HIs answer wast that " I can reach the infinity if the flange is thinner ( like his) than 1.52mm not thicker"

What am I missing?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's right - if the flange is thinner you will go past infinity focus, which may or may not be a good thing, depending on your point of view.
If the flange is too thick it acts like a short extension tube, and cheats you of infinity focus - you'll fall just short of it.

I suppose he's making them to take all variations of M42s into account, not all of them were created equally. Imo, better to be guaranteed to have infinity, than mess around having to file or sand the adapter down, which many adapters needed to have you do.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can give a very good recommendation for the seller happypagehk.
http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZhappypagehk
He sells many types of adapter but just now he's listing only LeicaR/EOS and NikonF/EOS, so keep an eye on his site or send an email. The M42/EOS adapter I bought is very nicely made, perfect focus and the index mark is right at the top. If you want, you can program the chip with a focal length which is recorded in the EXIF data.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have purchased many adapters from ROXSEN on ebay. Have yet to buy focus confirmation though. They sell them for 19.99USD + shipping or you can buy the chips and DIY for 16USD + shipping.