Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Compur shutter
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:39 pm    Post subject: Compur shutter Reply with quote

I've just got a Welta Perle with a Compur shutter. It works excellently at all speeds except B and T, when the cocking handle won't move (and it isn't possible to move the cocked lens from 1s to T or B). It isn't just a slow shutter speed, it seems to be locked solid.

I assume this is a fault and there isn't some trick with compurs that I don't know. Is there a simple cure or is it best just left alone?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Compur is a brand, not a shutter type - to say something definitive about your shutter you'd also have to give type, year, size and tensioning mechanism (dial set, rim set, press, electric).

But many leaf shutters (Compur being no exception) may not be cocked to use T and B.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I mention in the other thread, your shutter works as it should.

No cocking, as no spring action is required.

In B, just press the shutter and it stays open as long as you have it pressed.
In T, one press opens the shutter, the next one closes it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! Why didn't I think of that!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulC wrote:
Thank you! Why didn't I think of that!

I also didn't know that , friend of mine did tell me first Smile