Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Complete list of Helios lenses - getting closer
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doetuck wrote:
I've just purchased a 44m 2/58 but it has no serial, just a KMZ logo. I'd like to have known the exact yeat of manufacturing. I'll post some pics when I get it.

serial is on the side of the lens near the a/m switch

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah got ya, many thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2023 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to meet you.
I am astonished by all the very interesting content.

I recently found and purchased a HELIOS-44-2 that was being sold cheaply because it was out of focus.

From the external features it looks very similar to the "44-2 model 2.a.v1" and from the serial number I can guess that it was manufactured in 1969.
However, the 44-2 is generally considered to be an M42, but this one is an M39 (the clerk said it was an L39). (The clerk thought it was an L39, and this was the reason why he thought it was out of focus.)

I did a lot of research on my own, but could not conclude whether this lens is a 44-2 as described or a 44.

I would appreciate it if you could tell me the reality of this lens and how to identify it.

The last photo shows a comparison of the mount shape with that of the Industar-61 53/2.8.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's an M44-2 from the Minsk Mechanical Factory. It was probably made with a mixture of 44 & 44-2 parts, which is not unheard of, or someone has modified it.

Quirky though.