Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Complete Helios Lens list anyone?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think silver lenses have 13 blades and black/zebra 8 blades... but I can't garrant it Smile

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks - I'll watch for and alu finish lens and risk it (if the price is right).

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The silver M42 Helios-44 I have only has 8 blades.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it KMZ or MMZ made?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mal1905 wrote:
The silver M42 Helios-44 I have only has 8 blades.

GAH! Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just seen a couple of Zenit Es that I've been nagging a friend who owned them to show me.

Both were 44-2s from the KMZ factory. One with coloured lettering made in 1973 and one non-zebra with white lettering (like mine) but a 0xx... serial number. There seems to be a lot of these floating around if they really are reserved.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no-X wrote:
Is it KMZ or MMZ made?

It's from Minsk, so MMZ - it's my James Bondski lens Wink

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another 0xx Helioses, both made by KMZ, both have 8 blades. Maybe the black one was made for an numerologist? Wink

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got one of my own silver versions: Click here to see on Ebay
Would be great to find one with 13 blades but I suspect this one is the 'typical' 8er. I'm building quite the collection of these m39 zenit lenses. Now I have the Mir 1, Industar 22, Helios 44, and Jupiter 9.

~Marc

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

themoleman342 wrote:
Just got one of my own silver versions: Click here to see on Ebay
Would be great to find one with 13 blades but I suspect this one is the 'typical' 8er. I'm building quite the collection of these m39 zenit lenses. Now I have the Mir 1, Industar 22, Helios 44, and Jupiter 9.

~Marc

Silver can be extremely good I cross my fingers to get a superb one.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well going by the serial numbers that I've managed to get from the forum the transition between 8 blades and 13 blades in the KMZ make silver version is between 023xxxx and 031xxxx. The one that is coming to me is at 026xxxx. There is most likely some overlap and outliers in that production however but it gives a so-so range. Hopefully I get lucky.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty much just registered guys. So, Hello from Ireland!

I bought a "black" helios 44-2 "I think" on ebay and waiting for it to arrive. I have been told it was a 13 blade (the reason why I bought it). Any idea what the lense version may be? Either way, it'll be my first helios!

Will update when it arrives and with pics! Surprised

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome cps_goodbuy from Ireland.

Waiting your helios pics!

Rino.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cps_goodbuy wrote:
Pretty much just registered guys. So, Hello from Ireland!

I bought a "black" helios 44-2 "I think" on ebay and waiting for it to arrive. I have been told it was a 13 blade (the reason why I bought it). Any idea what the lense version may be? Either way, it'll be my first helios!

Will update when it arrives and with pics! Surprised

Welcome!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had no idea there was a 44-2 with 13 blades. Shocked

I am interested to hear about it when it arrives.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My big update is! ...that it didn't arrive today Sad

actually I wanted to see if my sig comes up Razz

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To my knowledge 13 bladed helios 44-2s don't exist. Maybe a custom job?

I got my 44 today, serial number: 0252503, KMZ make. 'Only' 8 blades! Bah!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad Thats unlucky, maybe next time?

What do you guys think a Kmount version may be worth?

And yeah, maybe a custom job, Maybe I should make my own 44-2 kmount 13blade Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The K mount helios' isn't a 44-2 either unless converted though there would be no reason to do this. 44k-4 would be the one you are looking for. Not worth much more than the 44m-4.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found a 44k-4 for about 40pounds, which I think is a little much, hopefully I'll be happy with the one being sent to me Cool

btw, will definitely put up photos, is this the best place to do it?

Edit: Still hasn't arrived, and seller hasn't accepted paypal payment?? Confused

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:20 pm    Post subject: Helios-44 m39 Reply with quote

Hello,

Being new to this forum and trying to find my way around, I wanted to ask the following question: I just bought myself a pristine condition m39 helios-44 in alu finish (hasn't arrived yet) of which I wanted some info about, because in contradiction to every other Helios-44 I ever saw and because I couldn't find anything on the net about it, there are some things that struck me as being "not that frequent". It has a red sign on the front, just like my 1958 m39 industar-50 (indicating some kind of coating?), and most of all, it has an aperture range going from f2 to f22 (not f16). Any info on this particular lens? SN is 0001243...

Thanks for any input,

David Van thuyne

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Helios-44 m39 Reply with quote

DavidVT wrote:
Hello,

Being new to this forum and trying to find my way around, I wanted to ask the following question: I just bought myself a pristine condition m39 helios-44 in alu finish (hasn't arrived yet) of which I wanted some info about, because in contradiction to every other Helios-44 I ever saw and because I couldn't find anything on the net about it, there are some things that struck me as being "not that frequent". It has a red sign on the front, just like my 1958 m39 industar-50 (indicating some kind of coating?), and most of all, it has an aperture range going from f2 to f22 (not f16). Any info on this particular lens? SN is 0001243...

Thanks for any input,

David Van thuyne

Nice lens and pretty rare I have some copies one of them was tested by my friend Orio on Canon 5D he did rate very close to Leica.

Taken by a very old well scratched copy.
http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/russian_lens/Helios/helios-44-alu-M39/

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone, my first post here =). I recently picked up this helios 44-2 in mint condition. It has white aperture markings with yellow distance scale markings. It has the KMZ logo on it. The serial reads "0083xxx", is this one of the early ones made for communist party members, or just one made in 2000?

Sorry about the bad pictures, it's the only ones I have on had at the moment.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Helios-44 m39 Reply with quote

DavidVT wrote:
Hello,

Interesting, I am awaiting for my copy of the same lens, number 0006745.

It has 13 blades aperture so it can go down to 22. The red mark is russian letter П (equivalent of english P) and means "Coated" or "Coating". I paid USD $40 for my copy including shipping and M39 to M42 adapter ring, and still think it is not too much. How much did you pay for yours?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Helios-44 m39 Reply with quote

dimitrygo wrote:
DavidVT wrote:
Hello,

Interesting, I am awaiting for my copy of the same lens, number 0006745.

It has 13 blades aperture so it can go down to 22. The red mark is russian letter П (equivalent of english P) and means "Coated" or "Coating". I paid USD $40 for my copy including shipping and M39 to M42 adapter ring, and still think it is not too much. How much did you pay for yours?

I strongly beleive you did hit a jackpot, low serial number means this is possible made by right after wwii by Zeiss people on Zeiss machines from Zeiss material. I have similar experience with my early Helios-40 85mm f1.5 better than any other later revision including Helios 40-2 copies what I did test. I look forward your samples!