Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Comparison shots : Biotar 58/2 1Q & Helios 44-3 58/2 MC
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have four Biotars from the 1950s and two Helios 44s, one a 44M-4 Valdai and one an old early 1960s silver KMZ.

The silver one is better than the 44M-4 in every way, even though the 44M-4 is perfectly fine. In fact, I'm happy the 44M-4 as good as it is considering the bad things I've heard about Valdai production quality.

The silver KMZ is really nice, and I love shooting with it.

The Biotars, however, on are a completely different level. Between the Biotars and the Helioses, the rendering doesn't even seem that similar, to be honest. They're completely different lenses despite their shared heritage.

It's Biotar for me, all day long, based on lots of shooting done with each of my copies.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both lenses seem to provide similar results. Bokeh is interesting. However if you use it for nearly every picture that would become boring i think.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Biotar cross flare suits the image of the girl best. Although only a test shot you could frame it and put it on a wall... if there wasn't that graffiti on her back!