Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Colour problem
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:11 pm    Post subject: Colour problem Reply with quote

Question a friend thinks these pictures have a colour fault, I cannot find serious problems. Can you give me an impression of what you thinks from these pictures.

Thx Guido

Guido

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first one has an obvious Magenta cast, that should be removed.

The second one has a slight Amber cast, but still in the acceptable range. It may also be intentional (many portrait photographers use amber correction filters even if the light does not need it, to deliver a sense of warmth).

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't see any problem on the first one I guess we can see that is indoor shoot without flash. On the second one I didn't see any problem. Don't listen to me I also didn't see the CA on my pics. Orio, saw it immediatelly so listen to him.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had a little play around with these pictures and both of them are vastly improved by simply reducing the saturation. Is it possible the camera's saturation setting is too high?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first one, the more obviously wrong, was the easier to recover. if was only a matter of rebalancing the white. I intentionally did not make a 100% perfect rebalance, because it would have made the picture as a whole, too cool (althought it would have benefitted the skin more). I have chosen to introduce a little warmth in the shape of some bland amber cast (as opposite to the original much heavier magenta cast)

The second picture was much more difficult. I am not happy with what I made yet, so I deleted it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first one needed some post production, definitely!
Orio did a good job there!!

But leave the second one as it is. This warmer atmosphere really fits to the portrait!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx, I gues its not my monitor that needs calibration but I go to check my colour vision LOL.

Guido

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
I've had a little play around with these pictures and both of them are vastly improved by simply reducing the saturation. Is it possible the camera's saturation setting is too high?

This is my attempt. There is a small amount ot colour correction but mostly I just reduced the saturation. For me the sharpness is perfect as it is, so I didn't touch it.

In the second picture I think there must be a yellow or orange light source out of the picture on the right hand side. I tried to make her coat as neutral black as I could, but the yellow light is too powerful.