Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Collapsible I-61L/D in Contax Mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 12:17 am    Post subject: Collapsible I-61L/D in Contax Mount Reply with quote

I used the Optics module from the Collapsible Sonnar 5cm/2 in a J-8 LTM mount, but the J-8 optics module would not fit into the collapsible mount.

But the I-61L/D module did. Collimated for the Contax.

The only required trick was to polish the rim of the aperture ring down so that it would screw in far enough to the Zeiss mount to collimate properly.

The I-61L/D is very sharp, a Tessar formula lens made with low-dispersion glass. It was never available in Contax/Kiev mount, but can be easily adapted using a Kiev J-8 mount. Or use one on a Leica or M42 mount. But then it will not be collapsible...

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really nice one!

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super cool Cool

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian,

You come up with some really cool 'inventions'. You are very close to me, I need to come see the lab where the mad scientist works. Very Happy