Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Clearing storm - Distagon 3.5/15
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i found out that the Super-Elmar-R 3.5/15 has mirror issues on unshaved 5D. how about the distagon? is your 5D shaved?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, for sure, it's the same Crying or Very sad
I have shaved my 5D, for the D15/Super-Elmar15 you should shave at least 3mm off, to be on the very safe side.

And then I had to grind my adapters, I tried different ones, from cheap up to happypage latest generation - no one could reach infinity without grinding the adapter (for both of my Distagon15).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: SMC 3.5/15 Reply with quote

Does anyone have the Pentax version of the Distagon? If so, can you post some pics?

Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carlsson wrote:

And then I had to grind my adapters, I tried different ones, from cheap up to happypage latest generation - no one could reach infinity without grinding the adapter (for both of my Distagon15).

On the other hand, it's also to be said that infinity is more of a theoretical than practical problem in a 15mm lens Wink

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really wanted the Distagon 3.5/15, but prices are just to high for me and for a lens that I probably don't use as much as my 35 or 85. But damn, I just love that 15mm view. And I suffer heavily from Contax LBA.

I bid on a Distagon on Ebay yesterday and was willing to go up to 1.100 euro's, but it went for 1.485 Euro's. So no deal again. Frustrated I looked for a Pentax and what do you know, I found one and after some negotiations I made a deal for 450 euro's shipped !!! OK, it is used and it shows, but that's only the barrel and the sun hood. The glass is supposed to be pristine.

It is a Pentax yes, but at least Lord Glatzel designed it himself Wink

I can't wait to get my hands on it. Pics will follow asap.