Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Cleaning viewfinder in Voigtlander Bessamatic?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:09 am    Post subject: Cleaning viewfinder in Voigtlander Bessamatic? Reply with quote

Are there anybody here who know how to open a Voigtlander camera in order to clean out some smaller particles in the viewfinder?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inside the viewfinder ??.....sounds more like some dust particles on the groundglass...it has a leafshutter if I remember correctly......remove lens ,set shutter to B , move windlever to cock shutter , press shutter and now that shutter is open , blow dust off , ( rocketblower or dust can ) until dust is gone ...do NOT touch groundglass .

CAUTION !!.....I do not remember if the shutter will stay open ( closes when shutter button is pressed again )

If it closes when letting go of the shutter button , keep it depressed by using a cable release.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novicus wrote:
Inside the viewfinder ??.....sounds more like some dust particles on the groundglass...it has a leafshutter if I remember correctly......remove lens ,set shutter to B , move windlever to cock shutter , press shutter and now that shutter is open , blow dust off , ( rocketblower or dust can ) until dust is gone ...do NOT touch groundglass .

CAUTION !!.....I do not remember if the shutter will stay open ( closes when shutter button is pressed again )

If it closes when letting go of the shutter button , keep it depressed by using a cable release.

The dust is not in the mirror chamber, but on a glass between the focusing split screen and the viewfinder eye piece. So I need to get inside this area in order to remove the dust and need to know how to open it for that purpose.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novicus wrote:

No the shutter will no stay open without depressed the shutter button continuosly.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eriksen wrote:
Novicus wrote:

The dust is not in the mirror chamber, but on a glass between the focusing split screen and the viewfinder eye piece. So I need to get inside this area in order to remove the dust and need to know how to open it for that purpose.

Look for damage in the mirror of the finder. The pentraprism should lost the surface mirrored at some points, and

they seems to be particles. This happened to me sometimes with the old voigtlander Bessamatics and Ultramatics

(especially with the second)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

papasito wrote:
Eriksen wrote:
Novicus wrote:

Look for damage in the mirror of the finder. The pentraprism should lost the surface mirrored at some points, and

they seems to be particles. This happened to me sometimes with the old voigtlander Bessamatics and Ultramatics

(especially with the second)

Yes, it looks like very small mirror flakes. But how can I get into this chamber in order to remove these partikles?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I remember correctly , setting the shutter to " B " , and depressing the shutter button and keeping it pressed in , by means of a mechanical cable release with a locking device ( available at little cost ) will keep the shutter open , until you unlock the device...but !!!...that mirror stays UP !!..

The mirror Only comes down when you Advance the film , another thing is that , the prism is known for loosing its silver-coating , the remedy would be to remove the Top-Plate and lift the Prism out for inspection , this sounds like major surgery to me , but perhaps you have worked with camera`s before .

Good Luck

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novicus wrote:
If I remember correctly , setting the shutter to " B " , and depressing the shutter button and keeping it pressed in , by means of a mechanical cable release with a locking device ( available at little cost ) will keep the shutter open , until you unlock the device...but !!!...that mirror stays UP !!..

The mirror Only comes down when you Advance the film , another thing is that , the prism is known for loosing its silver-coating , the remedy would be to remove the Top-Plate and lift the Prism out for inspection , this sounds like major surgery to me , but perhaps you have worked with camera`s before .

Good Luck

There are no visible screws on the camera, so I don´t know how to open it. I need to know a little bit more about that in order to not damage anything inside the camera..

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To open the Bessamatic CS or the Ultramatic CS is a very difficult question.

The last had a not usual mechanical automatism with a lot of pieces. Not open it, please.

The Bessamatics are manual without automatism.

My Best Ultramatic (like new) had the mirror with lack of reflected parts in the mirror.

I send it to the fix man and he gave the mirror to whom did a bath of reflected to the mirror's surface.

I used it some years and OK.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Eriksen,
PM sent.
Cheers,
Jan