Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Cleaning a Jupiter 37A
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:30 am    Post subject: Cleaning a Jupiter 37A Reply with quote

Hi all,

Just noticed my Jupiter 37A got lonely so it decided to invite some specks of dust Rolling Eyes

Anybody know a site which shows how to clean the lens?

I searched via google but didnt get any good hits.

I did get one link that could help somebody else who wants to clean a Jupiter 11 and some other stuff :

http://www3.telus.net/public/rpnchbck/lens%20and%20optics.html

Contains info on:

Checking Lens Working Distance :

Helios 103 lens Dismantle : Discussions have it that the Helios 103 is the sharpest lens for the Kiev but mine was far from being my "top dog" lens. I took it apart to see what was amiss with it, only to find oil deposits on the inner lens and aperture.

Jupiter-8 lens Dismantle : Got an old-school Jupiter-8 and want to clean it? Follow along.

Jupiter-12 lens Dismantle : My focus and aperture were tight and hard to turn. Bet yours it too.

Loose Inner Bayonet Mount : Does your Jupiter-8 or Helios-103 wiggle and seem loose when mounted to your camera?

Jupiter-9 lens Dismantle : You'll be surprised just how simple these lenses really are. Dive in and make your focus silky smooth.

Cheap Jupiter-8 Lens Caps : Lost your lens cap? No problem!

Industar I61 L/D Conversion : Mad scientist experiment to make yet another lens option for our arsenal.

Jupiter-11 lens Dismantle : A real nice person out there decided that we needed to have a Jupiter-11 procedural document, and now we have one.

Tips and Tricks Lens Element Centering : There is always a better way to do things and this nugget of knowledge will help.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've reverted back to new-user status. Shocked

Hari wrote:
Hi all,

Just noticed my Jupiter 37A got lonely so it decided to invite some specks of dust Rolling Eyes

I did get one link that could help somebody else who wants to clean a Jupiter 11 and some other stuff :

Contains info on:

Helios 103 lens Dismantle : Discussions have it that the Helios 103 is the sharpest lens for the Kiev but mine was far from being my "top dog" lens. I took it apart to see what was amiss with it, only to find oil deposits on the inner lens and aperture.

Jupiter-8 lens Dismantle : Got an old-school Jupiter-8 and want to clean it? Follow along.

Jupiter-12 lens Dismantle : My focus and aperture were tight and hard to turn. Bet yours it too.

Loose Inner Bayonet Mount : Does your Jupiter-8 or Helios-103 wiggle and seem loose when mounted to your camera?

Jupiter-9 lens Dismantle : You'll be surprised just how simple these lenses really are. Dive in and make your focus silky smooth.

Industar I61 L/D Conversion : Mad scientist experiment to make yet another lens option for our arsenal.

Jupiter-11 lens Dismantle : A real nice person out there decided that we needed to have a Jupiter-11 procedural document, and now we have one.

Tips and Tricks Lens Element Centering : There is always a better way to do things and this nugget of knowledge will help.

It seems to be that you had a return between the start and end URL tags in the link you posted. Once I took out that return, it works.

newb. Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scheimpflug wrote:
You've reverted back to new-user status. Shocked

Hari wrote:
Hi all,

Contains info on:

It seems to be that you had a return between the start and end URL tags in the link you posted. Once I took out that return, it works.

newb. Laughing

Hope it works this time around! ->

Hi all,

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Genuine (Wrong) post carriage return in URL.

[url]http://www3.telus.net/public/rpnchbck/lens%20and%20optics.html
[/url]

Fixed good one:

[url]http://www3.telus.net/public/rpnchbck/lens%20and%20optics.html[/url]

Not much info about cleaning , because a simple lens any general info is usable.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Cleaning a Jupiter 37A Reply with quote

Hari wrote:

AFAIK the J37A is very similar to the J11A. For the J11A the front lens block (3 elements ?) is removed from the body simply by unscrewing. When unscrewing the front hold only the front ring (ie in front of the aperture ring - and of course the main body with the other hand). The single rear element is held in by a single retaining ring which you can remove with a spanner or a pair of pointed scissors. So you can gain access to the inner glass surfaces and the interior of the lens body.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never was any good at programming - even HTML as you can see Laughing

Thanks for fixing it Attila!

Last edited by Hari on Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Cleaning a Jupiter 37A Reply with quote

sichko wrote:
Hari wrote:

AFAIK the J37A is very similar to the J11A. For the J11A the front lens block (3 elements ?) is removed from the body simply by unscrewing. When unscrewing the front hold only the front ring (ie in front of the aperture ring - and of course the main body with the other hand). The single rear element is held in by a single retaining ring which you can remove with a spanner or a pair of pointed scissors. So you can gain access to the inner glass surfaces and the interior of the lens body.

Thanks for the quick help John!

I'll try it out this evening and make a photo tutorial of it so it may be of help to someone else in the future!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hari wrote:
I never was any good at programming - even HTML as you can see Laughing

Thanks for fixing it Attila!

Rather developer fault, than user..