Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Classics to use - "V" is for VITO
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:04 am    Post subject: Classics to use - "V" is for VITO Reply with quote

Article from a 2000 edition of Amateur Photographer magazine

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old post, but Thanks for this!!!
Voigtlanders are always great to use.
My father was a Zeiss person but Vitos were the go to camera of my uncles (Vito II, Vito CLR)
I have collected several through the years and the II and IIa are my favorites.

Easy to store in the pocket, and the Color-Skopar (4 element) is a great lens (as long as you have a lens hood)
The backdoor is quirky, and I prefer to use it with the half case so that it can't accidentally open

This one had the distance scale unreadable but I was able to get it back to life using high-visibility yellow

Voigtlander Vito II ~1953

Fortunately it came in original box with all accesories

Voigtlander Accesories for Vito II

Last edited by titrisol70 on Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:50 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must admit, I put one roll through my Vito and then put it in the drawer, where it's remained for the last 10+ years.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a beautiful Vito BR that my father bought new in 1958. It produced many rolls of family photos.

Basil

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bbsteinle wrote:
I have a beautiful Vito BR that my father bought new in 1958. It produced many rolls of family photos.

Basil

Glad to hear and welcome to the forum.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recently bought a Vitoret on a whim, not really knowing much about it. Happy to say it seems to work, but being basic there's not a lot to go wrong (apart from the usual sticky shutter, etc, but it seems to be free of faults).

Followed that up with a Vito CSR, but the rangefinder needs adjusted, so that will be attended to when I get the notion. It's a nice camera in the hand, feels chunky and well made, although those who are more familiar with the 50s and 60s Voigtlander RFs say the earlier ones were better. I'm not bothered, it feels good to me and the meter works, which is nice.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
I must admit, I put one roll through my Vito and then put it in the drawer, where it's remained for the last 10+ years.

I'll save that poor camera from oblivion Smile

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 12:43 pm    Post subject: My VIDEO on my VITO's !! Reply with quote

I did a VIDEO all about my THREE VITO's -- you can see it here :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xnyl2sysuhY&t=3s

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:12 pm    Post subject: Re: My VIDEO on my VITO's !! Reply with quote

pentaxpete wrote:
I did a VIDEO all about my THREE VITO's -- you can see it here :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xnyl2sysuhY&t=3s

Great video!
Those vito B and C are excellent cameras.
I rememeber the CLR from childhood (1970s) and how my relative boasted on how good pics it took
Last time I saw the camera was in the early 90s.