Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Classic German -- Voigtlander Vito B
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:42 am    Post subject: Classic German -- Voigtlander Vito B Reply with quote

Given this on Friday at Club by a Club member who has had it from new for over 60 years ! I have never owned one of these 1950's German 'Classics' . The lens is the famous 'Color-Skopar' 50mm f3.5 and shutter is Prontor SVS 1-1/300th + B and flash synch for Bulbs and Electronic + Delayed action. You have to take off base-plate to load cassette on Left chamber. the only thing I do NOT like I've found so far is that you have to have a film loaded before the shutter will fire, so i cannot look through the back with shutter open on 'B' to check lens.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you tried to roll the sprocket?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes -- I tried rolling the Sprocket BUT now found there is a 'Premature Shutter Release Fault' -- with film loaded. when I wind lever the shutter fires at end of wind before I can touch the proper release button.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yo !! May have SOLVED it with help from a kind Yank on Photrio Forum who suggested the 'Cable release plunger' may be 'Stuck' in a depressed state -- I fitted a Cable release and tried it -- after pushing it fired the shutter then when I wound ON for next frame the shutter did not fire prematurely , only when i pressed shutter button gently -- seems there may have been some dirt down there.