Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Classic German -- Voigtlander Vito B
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:42 am    Post subject: Classic German -- Voigtlander Vito B Reply with quote

Given this on Friday at Club by a Club member who has had it from new for over 60 years ! I have never owned one of these 1950's German 'Classics' . The lens is the famous 'Color-Skopar' 50mm f3.5 and shutter is Prontor SVS 1-1/300th + B and flash synch for Bulbs and Electronic + Delayed action. You have to take off base-plate to load cassette on Left chamber. the only thing I do NOT like I've found so far is that you have to have a film loaded before the shutter will fire, so i cannot look through the back with shutter open on 'B' to check lens.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you tried to roll the sprocket?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes -- I tried rolling the Sprocket BUT now found there is a 'Premature Shutter Release Fault' -- with film loaded. when I wind lever the shutter fires at end of wind before I can touch the proper release button.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yo !! May have SOLVED it with help from a kind Yank on Photrio Forum who suggested the 'Cable release plunger' may be 'Stuck' in a depressed state -- I fitted a Cable release and tried it -- after pushing it fired the shutter then when I wound ON for next frame the shutter did not fire prematurely , only when i pressed shutter button gently -- seems there may have been some dirt down there.