Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

City shots with Revue 400SE
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:00 pm    Post subject: City shots with Revue 400SE Reply with quote

Some weeks ago I got a Revue 400SE and a Canonet, but I've only recently developed and scanned some snapshots. These are from the Revue, it seems everything works perfectly, after I fixed a weak spring that failed to fully open the aperture Smile

film is Fuji Superia 400

(click to see bigger versions)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NICE! Really nice! Congrats!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ilke these - particularly #s 1 & 8. I think it's the contrast between the yellow of the building interior and the blue-grey of the exterior.

Can you tell us which city this is ?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work, really like #4!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, maybe I am going to say a weird thing, but this city reminds me of an episode in the Star Trek, classic series, when Kirk and Spock land on a planet in search of Kirk's brother and they are attacked by huge flying amoebas (or similar)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sichko wrote:
I ilke these - particularly #s 1 & 8. I think it's the contrast between the yellow of the building interior and the blue-grey of the exterior.

Can you tell us which city this is ?

I can tell you, John.
I'ts Madrid downtown. I lived there for 7 years, and Naplam's pictures, besides of being great, have come to my mind a lot of memories....

The big building is the Picaso tower, an important business center.

Regards,

Jes.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice series napalm! superia 400 is great for colors and the Revue look sharp and low distortion

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesito wrote:

I can tell you, John.
I'ts Madrid downtown.

Thanks Jes. My wife and I have planned to visit for a few years. Now that the children are both at university - maybe this year.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, it's Madrid. Thanks for the comments guys Smile if you ever come to Madrid, tell me so we can meet

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nr. 8 for me ! nice stuff ..

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

perfectly fine shots (on the camera side, also no distortion, nice lens) and wonderful photos of Madrid on the other side! Madrid looks a nice city, i've been only once in Spain (Barcelona, expensive due to its touristic soul i guess) but i think Madrid deserves a visit.

My fav is the 4th (nice sculpture in there)