Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Cine and Nex APS-C?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:28 pm    Post subject: Cine and Nex APS-C? Reply with quote

OK OK the swirl is sucking me in....

But it sounds like sensor size is an issue, most everyone 4/3 here

what cine lenses might be good for nex?

when does APS-C become "too big"?

TY sirs, in advance

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't found suitable c-mount lens for my nex.

I had 2 :
incredible small 'Fuji HF25HA-1B 25mm F1.4' (for 2/3 inch camera)
and a big 'Sun-Cosmicar television zoom 22.5-90 f 1:1.5'

Both were not covering the sensor so i moved to another lenses.
C-mounts are too expensive for me.
Smile

From cine lenses also tried for a while the huge Angenieux 18-200 f 2.5 but it is 6 kilos Smile i guess it had similar coverage.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you need from 50mm and above to cover the sensor on nex. Zoom lenses will not cover the sensor.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:25 pm    Post subject: Macro lenses Reply with quote

By moving the lens away from the sensor the vignetting will disappear. You will lose infinity focus.

The zoom you mention is the only one I know that covers m4/3 and focuses on infinity. It is very big and the combo is not really for hand held photos.

The larger fl lenses as Nordentro says, may be enough to cover the sensor in your cam.

Does the NEX have a facility for digital zoom? The Panasonics all seem to have? The GH2 has a particularly high quality facility for that. SONY will probably provide that in due course. That evades the vignetting problem, apparently?

You have a dilemma, we m4/3 users can acquire a collection of them and find half are suitable, but you might find only 5% would vignette mildly or not at all. You are better off with the FF and aps-c lenses at the moment?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that moving the lens will help if it vignettes.
On micro 4/3 this is not so pronounced.. especially if you crop a square.

On NEX the crop is 1.5x vs 2.0 for micro 4/3 and it is lot worse.. so yes the FF lenses are better idea.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:28 am    Post subject: Vignetting Reply with quote

Hi STD

Moving the lens away from the camera, in a macro tube say, will allow a larger circle to be formed. The image will then cover the sensor, but focus will be close!

Why do you think otherwise? javascript:emoticon('Shocked')

Keep takin'!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the lens covers only half of the sensor at normal distance (and you see the image circle on a black background - this is especially pronounced on NEX) even moving it further will not help - you will still see the black background.
I think that if you close the aperture a bit (f5.6) this may improve the coverage .. but not much.

I have tested those with 40mm sonnar for 8mm cine cam and the 25mm fuji for 2/3 inch cctv cam. Hopefully if you have longer lens (>50 mm) it will cover more.