Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Christmas day clowning
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:58 pm    Post subject: Christmas day clowning Reply with quote

On Christmas day another boat pulled into our anchorage at Isla Pedro Gonzales.
Surprising as the Isla is a good many,many miles from anything event anything remote.
Luckily it was a group of young cruisers like ourselves. This group from Van BC just an hr from my home Laughing
They had been rounding the globe for 4 years and were headed back to BC.
We all had a great time drinking mamosas and making a big dinner.
Here is a clowning around shot with the M8 and Hex dual 21/35 set to 21mm (28mmFOV).
You can see some cyan in the corners. I forgot to turn on the six bit detector (can fix it later).
Fun shot. Very 3D for a 21mm lens in my opinion.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing shot. Cool Fantastic quality.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely a fun shot at 21mm Andy. Personally I had to look really hard to see the cyan you are talking about

patrickh

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree about the 3D, very visible!
Great funny shot. I must admit my attention is grabbed mostly by the beautiful lady Embarassed
4 years around the world doing nothing but cruising? Some people is really born with all the luck.
I can see the cyan, but I can also see an exceptional image quality.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wowser!!! It's like a magazine advert - that 3D effect is something you'd expect from a Hassie H series with several studio strobes Shocked

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Kodak sensor is so damn good.

So is the lens. And the photographer.

It really communicates the feeling of summer.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As already mentioned, that shot is superb and could easily be used in a holiday brochure. Fantastic colours, composition and it has that wow factor. Great stuff Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are too kind Embarassed Thanks so much for the kind words Very Happy

@Mal
When you you consider clear sun at only 8degrees off the equator, white sand and water to reflect it and no AA filter on the Kodak CCD. It is like those conditions you would find in a Studio.
Even a child could get these results focused at infinity with a 21mm @ f5.6 Wink
Add one point to the cropped sensor column Laughing