Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Chinon TTL 'Prinzflex'
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:43 am    Post subject: Chinon TTL 'Prinzflex' Reply with quote

Chinon TTL Prinzflex by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
Given this by a Camera Club member last Friday -- it needed Lens Clean, renew Light Seal Strips on back, lubricate all cogs and pivots in base-plate. Now delayed action is so QUIET I can hardly hear it ! It takes M42 screw lenses, shutter 1 second - 1/100oth +B, 2 flash synch plugs 'X' and 'M' , stop-down metering but takes the now-illegal 1.35 v MERCURY battery --- donor had fitted new battery but readings did not compare with my Weston Master V due to Voltage difference. I have not yet loaded it with film. I tried the LENS on my Olympus E-1 with M42 - 4/3rds Adapter at f1.4 and seems sharp .

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chinon cameras have always impressed me, they really are the Toyota of cameras.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:

Indeed, i had a few with the Revue brandname on them, great cameras! I especially loved the Revueflex 3003 with 1/2000 sec.

Had that TTL as well, but with the Chinonflex name on it:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrueLoveOne wrote:
Lloydy wrote:

Indeed, i had a few with the Revue brandname on them, great cameras! I especially loved the Revueflex 3003 with 1/2000 sec.

Had that TTL as well, but with the Chinonflex name on it:

Aye, It's a rebranded Chinonflex. produced for Dixon's (a UK High Street chain of shops). Cool