Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Chinon TTL 'Prinzflex'
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:43 am    Post subject: Chinon TTL 'Prinzflex' Reply with quote

Chinon TTL Prinzflex by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
Given this by a Camera Club member last Friday -- it needed Lens Clean, renew Light Seal Strips on back, lubricate all cogs and pivots in base-plate. Now delayed action is so QUIET I can hardly hear it ! It takes M42 screw lenses, shutter 1 second - 1/100oth +B, 2 flash synch plugs 'X' and 'M' , stop-down metering but takes the now-illegal 1.35 v MERCURY battery --- donor had fitted new battery but readings did not compare with my Weston Master V due to Voltage difference. I have not yet loaded it with film. I tried the LENS on my Olympus E-1 with M42 - 4/3rds Adapter at f1.4 and seems sharp .

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chinon cameras have always impressed me, they really are the Toyota of cameras.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:

Indeed, i had a few with the Revue brandname on them, great cameras! I especially loved the Revueflex 3003 with 1/2000 sec.

Had that TTL as well, but with the Chinonflex name on it:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrueLoveOne wrote:
Lloydy wrote:

Indeed, i had a few with the Revue brandname on them, great cameras! I especially loved the Revueflex 3003 with 1/2000 sec.

Had that TTL as well, but with the Chinonflex name on it:

Aye, It's a rebranded Chinonflex. produced for Dixon's (a UK High Street chain of shops). Cool