Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Chinon 135mm F2.8 (M42 mount)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 8:14 pm    Post subject: Chinon 135mm F2.8 (M42 mount) Reply with quote

Just some quick samples taken this evening from a lens that Poolhall sent down. I got these just before just before the light vanished. Most were wide open to achieve a usable shutter speed @ 200 iso.

It's a very small 135, very light, well built. Wide open it is a bit soft and some CA is present. A couple of stops down and it becomes a good lens. It saturates like Chinons do and is not the most contrasty. All the images have had contrast boost & resizing in PP.

Geese @ F5.6

Crop:

And a pic of the tiny lens on a Zenit XP:

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love number 3! Smile

I got one of these yesterday in a real grab-bag purchase from Goodwill - will have to try it on my trust Panny and the K10D Smile

Doug

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice pics.

And yes, it's saturated. Like the 3,5/200 Chinon. Very saturated too.

pretty small 135 lens.

Rino.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick off the mark Martin glad you like it , if I didn't have a huge bag of 135's already I would have kept it cos its so handy and small, to me it was a bit like a Jupiter 9 the way it was reasonably soft wide open but sharpens up very quickly as you stop down, good pics anyway Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the attractiveness about this lens is the size. IQ-wise it's going to be behind the other lenses, simply because they are good wide-open, but you can see that this is very usable in the samples. But a short tele that's barely longer than a Helios 44 and as light will find it's way into my bag when I'd leave the Bokeh Monster or the Tair at home is great when I'm not sure if I need a 135..

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice samples, my fav is #3.

Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I remember from the few shots I took it gets very good from 5.6 on, but even wide open it makes a reasonable portrait lens- but as you say Martin the big bonus is the size its really very handy and neat. Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Chinon 135mm F2.8 (M42 mount) Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:

Superb!! It's close to perfection, was it not for the smudge in the top right corner and a slightly tight composition for my tastebuds. Good shot nevertheless!!