Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Chinese opera
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:39 pm    Post subject: Chinese opera Reply with quote

I promised not to upload any pictures of my Chinese acrobat again, and I'll keep that promise.
Yesterday I went to the Frankfurt Book Fair, which has a different guest-country every year. This year it was China, and besides all the books, there were also a lot of cultural activities, one of them a Chinese Opera Show. It was easy to get back-stage and make pictures of the different characters in their traditional make-up. Unfortunately I was too late for the actual make-up application, but afterwards, I took some pictures (I always avoid the word 'shoot', because I don't like people being shot, no matter how) inside the hut, not always with the best lighting conditions.

The first 5 were taken with the Nikkor P 45/2.8 @ 2.8, ISO 1600.
It is not easy to focus correctly with that lense (at least for my old eyes), so some of the pictures aren't really sharp, but with portraits it is permissible, even if not intended.

The last two with the P6 Zeiss Biometar 120/2.8 @2.8 ISO 640

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

A very good seris of portraits, the fisrt one is alread yamazing, but the last ones .. great !

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree. I am very fond of that tiny pancake lens from nikon, but I am not sure I would use it for portraits. But it really does perform pretty well

patrickh

I love the series

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

beautiful, colorful portrait!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

very fine portrais, a pleasure to view them ...

#4 is very strong

Cheers
Tobias