Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Cheap and cheerful The Rollei Tele Tessar HFT 135mm f4 QBM
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

papasito wrote:
Tele Tessar 200 is the same then 200/4 Voigtlander Super Dynarex for Icarex?

No, all Icarex and Bessamatic lenses are totally different and are all from Voigtländer.

All Rollei lenses, irrespectve of markings, i.e. Rollei Zeiss or Voigtländer are Zeiss developments or slightly modified Zeiss copies of Voigtländer orginals.

The Rollei Tele-Tessar QBM and Voigtländer Color-Dynarex QBM/M42 is a 6/5 construction and both the Icarex and Bessamatic Super-Dynarex are 5/4 constructions, irrespective of Zeiss or Voigtländer markings.

I know that this is sometimes confusing and the best way to differentiate is the camera model in question and to remember that the "Zeiss Icarex" is actually a Voigtländer camera with Voigtländer lenses only with Zeiss branding.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tb_a wrote:
papasito wrote:
Tele Tessar 200 is the same then 200/4 Voigtlander Super Dynarex for Icarex?

No, all Icarex and Bessamatic lenses are totally different and are all from Voigtländer.

All Rollei lenses, irrespectve of markings, i.e. Rollei Zeiss or Voigtländer are Zeiss developments or slightly modified Zeiss copies of Voigtländer orginals.

The Rollei Tele-Tessar QBM and Voigtländer Color-Dynarex QBM/M42 is a 6/5 construction and both the Icarex and Bessamatic Super-Dynarex are 5/4 constructions, irrespective of Zeiss or Voigtländer markings.

I know that this is sometimes confusing and the best way to differentiate is the camera model in question and to remember that the "Zeiss Icarex" is actually a Voigtländer camera with Voigtländer lenses only with Zeiss branding.

Thank you, very much.

Very informative your post.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to the topic.

This is an example picture from the Rollei Zeiss Tele-Tessar 135/4 made in Singapore (Voigtländer branded version) taken with my A7R II at maximum aperture F4 uncropped.
Downsized to typical Facebook size 2048px on the long side. Please click on picture for maximum quality.