Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

[CHALLENGE] Concept of the month: MYSTERY
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:27 pm    Post subject: [CHALLENGE] Concept of the month: MYSTERY Reply with quote

I'd like to start a monthly challenge of conceptual kind.

I prefer to call it "challenge" instead of contest because I'd like to enhance the concept of creative effort over that of simple photo competition.

Every month I will submit a concept, around which to freely make your photographs. Concept will be largely abstract, but the photographs don't have to be abstract too, they can also be very concrete objects!

About this month's theme: Mystery:

Mystery can be represented by an abstract composition, and by a very real object as well. There are no limits, you can and SHOULD shoot freely, whatever inspires in you a feeling of unknown, untold, unreachable... in the your own way that you see it and that you feel it.

The challenge "Mystery" will end 31st of October. You can submit as many entries as you want.

Last edited by Orio on Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:21 am; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's one to open the contest:
Name of picture is: IDOL
Specs: Helios-44 M39 aluminium on 400D

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice idea! I hope I find the time to participate.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posted this one on the Rikenon 55mm f1.4 thread I started but it seems appropriate here too!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I submit other entries, hoping to enliven the contest:

_

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a fantastic idea Orio. I do not have a DSLR or quality scanner currently. I hope to participate in future themes. It is a great way to see diferent interpretations and, view into each others visionary concept. It reminds me of what I enjoyed most about critique time at school. This is how to make more thoughtful photographers of us all.
Very Happy Bravo for starting this string! Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good one Orio, heres mine.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool looking pic ! What is this some fischer man tool ?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I do not have the time to shoot a lot at the moment, I'll post this one again:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
What is this some fischer man tool ?

My money's on an electric fan! Smile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy electric fan white balance customised by shooting some green paper, shot with tamron sp 70-210 the blue is some plastic chairs that I staked about 2M behind to give a splash of colour (not so mysterious now!)

Lucis I liked that one the first time around too, like a executioner that enjoys his work too much Smile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just a baby back pack in the tent when we were on holiday, back lit with some sodium vapour lights in the carpark near where we were staying, not technically good but reminds me of a modern art painting my parents have called "mystery". I like the shape of the tent door it looks like a knife and their looks like a woman maybe with child inside, sinister!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's mine

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LensLunatic wrote:
Hi Folks,
...here are some mysteries (admittedly a little late) - parts of Heidelberg Castle, tweaked into mystery .... Laughing

I've been to Heidelberg Castle, it's beautiful place. But it has two real mysteries:

1 Who made the footprint in the stone?

2 Did Perkeo really drink nearly all the wine in the Giant Barrel?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy

The footprint would be a brilliant MYSTERY entry!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LensLunatic wrote:
peterqd wrote:
Very Happy The footprint would be a brilliant MYSTERY entry!

... er, yes ... if it only looked a bit more attractive or "mysterious". To me, it looks just like an ordinary footprint left in fresh (soft) concrete... nothing I'd take a picture of.

It was a long time ago when I saw it, I think 1984, but my recollection is that it was a slab of natural soft red sandstone, the same material used to build the castle itself. Also the impression didn't look recent to me - it had been severely eroded by time and weather.
http://www.feliciahemans.com/travel/prologue.html
But however old it is, how it was created really is a mystery. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my first scan effort. I hope it comes thrue OK.
[/img]