Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Chain Girl ( Old Print)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:57 am    Post subject: Chain Girl ( Old Print) Reply with quote

Chain Girl by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
Taken many years ago for a local newspaper. I used Asahi Pentax Spotmatic, 105mm f2.8 SMC Takumar lens , Ilford FP4 film processed in Acutol and Braun Hobby flash head on extension cable. She lived in Hutton area of Brentwood. I found it in my Files and tried my old Epson 1650 with the Print scanner adapter and it worked OK with Vuescan 32 bit.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one!! From when is that? Looks 70s

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes -- 1970's as the newspaper I did it for went broke in 1980. I think I am not getting such good 'scans' using my Epson 1650 with the print scan adapter as I got with the old 'MUSTEK 1200 UB' but that will n ot work with Windows 10 and my newer computer.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pentaxpete wrote:
I think I am not getting such good 'scans' using my Epson 1650 with the print scan adapter as I got with the old 'MUSTEK 1200 UB' but that will n ot work with Windows 10 and my newer computer.

Peter, your Mustek scanner is supported native by Vuescan. Check this: http://www.hamrick.com/vuescan/mustek_1200_ub_plus.html

I have a similar outdated film scanner without drivers for Windows 10 from Minolta and can use it with Vuescan on the newest Windows PC. The respective drivers are embedded in Vuescan.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice photo, seems like a pretty eccentric girl unless she is advertising chains. Wink

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas : I have tried the MUSTEK 1200 UB again with both Vuescan 32 bit and 64 bit and both say 'No Scanner was found attached to your computer' and on that 'link ' it says I need to download a 'WIA' driver and when I follow through it only goes to Windows XP which I DID have on the old computer now it will not support Windows 10 it seems ! So I cannot get a 'Driver' for Vuescan.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pentaxpete wrote:
Thomas : I have tried the MUSTEK 1200 UB again with both Vuescan 32 bit and 64 bit and both say 'No Scanner was found attached to your computer' and on that 'link ' it says I need to download a 'WIA' driver and when I follow through it only goes to Windows XP which I DID have on the old computer now it will not support Windows 10 it seems ! So I cannot get a 'Driver' for Vuescan.

Peter, sorry to read that it doesn't work. Have you tried to contact support@hamrick.com for a possible solution?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas : I have got a free 'HP 4570c' flatbed scanner working at last with Windows 10 and Vuescan Pro after a friend helped me yesterday -- worked for about an hour trying different sites as I told him the HP site no longer supports drivers for that scanner -- one site Driver tool .com left a MALWARE' on the HP ENVY m6 computer which had to be removed. See my latest upload of a test scan with the HP Scanner.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Dog