Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Certo Super Sport Xenar / Kodak 400NC
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:44 pm    Post subject: Certo Super Sport Xenar / Kodak 400NC Reply with quote

Unfortunately it looks like my bellows patches have failed, I'll need to replace the bellows on this camera (not to mention, I stupidly broke off the flap in the back)... Certo Super Sport Dolly 6x6 folder with a Xenar 75/2.8 lens. Kodak 400NC.

House of Oldies / Grey Dog, Carmine St, NYC by Nesster, on Flickr

Motor Yacht Justice by Nesster, on Flickr
http://yachtjustice.com/home.html

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sure looks like a fine lens. Bummer on the leaks ...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree, bummer about the leaks, and nice pair of photos! Love going through
old record shops in the first.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fine lens , and the medium format...mmmm I'd try this myself , it's a shame that the film is so hard to find , not cheap, the labs hardly are doing the 35mm but the results are so good ...How much that camera ?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Certos with coupled range finders come in 2 varieties - this older one tends to run under $100, the Certo 6 is a better camera and often sells for much more.

In general, I've seen even the no-range finder Certo Super Sport Dollys with ordinary lenses command at least $30. With careful shopping, I paid about that for this range finder + Xenar one.

The Certos I've seen seem to have trim bits that have fallen off, more so than with, say Voigtlander or Zeiss. On the other hand, I like the film handling and loading arrangement on the Certos very much. They produced cameras with pretty crappy lenses and then some with pretty good ones, and the shutters are the usual suspects.

I plan to cannibalize my other Certo, the one with the Victar, to donate its good bellows to this one.

120 film is still widely available, and color processing isn't too expensive, though you may need to go mail order for that. After all, this was THE format for wedding photogs for decades.

Certo Super Sport Dolly 1937 by Nesster, on Flickr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sending 120 color print film through Wallies is 91c per roll, tax included. This
is processed/cut/sleeved, no prints, but laughably cheap. Takes 10-14 days
turnaround, though.

Nice, Jussi, hail good bellow, well met. Wink Smile