Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

CCTV 25mm f1.4 lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:12 am    Post subject: CCTV 25mm f1.4 lens Reply with quote

I just placed an order for a new CCTV 1.4/25 with M4/3 adapter. Should have it on Thursday. Very Happy If I like it, next month I will probably get the 1.7/35.
I already have 1 Cine M4/3 adapter on order from China, but I didn't want to wait for it to try the lens. Thought this would be a fun lens to play with. I really don't expect much from it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward your result.
I almost bought one of those but then the seller told me than he does not have stock and refunded it.
Btw there is 24mm 1.4 Click here to see on Ebay lens which is supposed to be better.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stefan, do you want to have mine?
It is no good on the NEX. It darkens the corners and doesn't work with my c-mount-adapter. Can't get a sharp shot.
Shipping costs plus €15,-. What do you think?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Stefan. I haven't seen any test results from the 1.4/24. Looks like the build quality is better then the 25.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Carsten - i will hold on for a while - no funds for lenses currently.

Walter those are some samples i found in flickr with the 24mm: http://www.flickr.com/photos/grantbphotos/sets/72157629095042175/with/6787973989/

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

std wrote:
Thanks Carsten - i will hold on for a while - no funds for lenses currently.

Walter those are some samples i found in flickr with the 24mm: http://www.flickr.com/photos/grantbphotos/sets/72157629095042175/with/6787973989/

Thanks. Very Happy
Looks better then the samples I've seen from the 25mm lens.I might need to buy this one too.The bokeh looks better then the 25mm also.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my sister just bought an oly e-PL1 so i bought the 25/1.4. here are the first shots:

2012.02.05 by nes☆, on Flickr

2012.02.05 by nes☆, on Flickr

it takes a bit to get used to the focus since the ring is right in front of the adapter. but it's a fun little lens and i think it's well worth it for 35USD with the m 4/3 adapter included.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got the adapter today but it's overcast, and raining. Sad
I managed to get this shot in between the rain.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The weather sucks, so I thought I'd try a fun shot. High ISO, Sepia conversion, shot at f1.4.
Comments and Critiques are Welcome. As you can see it's not really useful for archetecture. Really just a special effects lens. Stll a fun lens. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is shot at ISO 200 at f8 in 16:9 mode. Normally I'd crop out the sides, but I wanted to show the actual coverage at f8.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

walter g wrote:
The weather sucks, so I thought I'd try a fun shot. High ISO, Sepia conversion, shot at f1.4.
Comments and Critiques are Welcome. As you can see it's not really useful for archetecture. Really just a special effects lens. Stll a fun lens. Smile

spooky...you did on purpose? haunted house

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. I was toying around with different effects. It does look haunted. Laughing
This one I shot a a little earlier. ISO at 200, and shot at f4.
It makes it look like a storm is coming in, and this was when the weather was clearing up.. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is at ISO 200 at f1.4. The sun had already moved around the other side of the house. Sad Wish I'd been home an hour earlier.
What do you think of the Bokeh. Comments and Critiques are Welcome. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a very sharp lens, or I got a bad copy. One other thing I tried was shooting semi macro. I haven't ordered a tube for it yet, so I set the lens to MFD and loosened the lens until it was barely holding by a couple threads. Laughing
This is not a crop.Shot at f1.4.

Christmas Roses

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to get a little more magnification, and the lens fell off, but I caught it. Laughing
At f1.4.

Christmas Rose 2

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like an interesting lens. Probably make a good lens for head and shoulder portraits.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Looks like an interesting lens. Probably make a good lens for head and shoulder portraits.

Thanks. Smile
Might give that a try. The problem now is I like the coverage so the search begins for a high quality 25mm TV lens. Smile

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this lens too - many thanks Carsten Wink

At best, I think it is a doublet. The IQ is too devastatingly poor to be anything else. Closed to almost closed, it's possible to get some nice sharp centres, but the rest is dreadful.

It's one of those lenses that's going to be superb for some kinds of images, but for anything flat it will be no good. I'm going to make a small extension tube and keep this one for flower and insect photography, which it will be good for Cool Certainly the examples in this thread would confirm that Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

walter g wrote:
Not a very sharp lens, or I got a bad copy. One other thing I tried was shooting semi macro. I haven't ordered a tube for it yet, so I set the lens to MFD and loosened the lens until it was barely holding by a couple threads. Laughing
This is not a crop.Shot at f1.4.

Christmas Roses

Certainly seems sharp enough to have fun with !

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrahamNR17 wrote:
I have this lens too - many thanks Carsten Wink

At best, I think it is a doublet. The IQ is too devastatingly poor to be anything else. Closed to almost closed, it's possible to get some nice sharp centres, but the rest is dreadful.

It's one of those lenses that's going to be superb for some kinds of images, but for anything flat it will be no good. I'm going to make a small extension tube and keep this one for flower and insect photography, which it will be good for Cool Certainly the examples in this thread would confirm that Very Happy

I'm going to order a couple of these.
Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of my samples with Pentax 25/1.4 attached to E-P2, all wide open

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is good cheap lens for fun, at least to me. Enjoyable when walking around: