Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss TEVIDON 70/2.8 + Sony NEX-6
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:45 am    Post subject: Carl Zeiss TEVIDON 70/2.8 + Sony NEX-6 Reply with quote

Tevidon 70/2.8, cine lens by Zeiss, small but heavy.

Sharpness is superb, I also like the bokeh. All samples wide open, Sony NEX-6, no post-processing besides resizing.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the older heavy type. Excellent pics, as expected from that lens!
Great for portraits btw.!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like Dog

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS: I have several of those here, old (large, heavy) and new (light and slim), just in case Wink

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically I'm amazed with many old lenses that were designed for smaller format that full-frame - Tevidons, Zuiko Pen lenses, half-frame compact cameras lenses etc. Their performance on APS-C may be awesome and they're way more compact than "adult" lenses.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow!! I was not aware that cine lenses could do this Rolling Eyes Fantastic!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering - what type of adapter do you need to use it on the NEX mount? And, have you tried it on Sony full frame?
Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need 2$ adapter - something like that http://www.ebay.pl/itm/322252471284
It doesn't cover full-frame of Sony A7. But you don't need to waste your time cropping the images, you can engage APS-C mode in camera (there will be automatic crop).
Today I've been using Tevidon 50/1.8, I'm amazed. Those cine Zeiss lenses are remarkable.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chudy128314 wrote:
You need 2$ adapter - something like that http://www.ebay.pl/itm/322252471284
It doesn't cover full-frame of Sony A7. But you don't need to waste your time cropping the images, you can engage APS-C mode in camera (there will be automatic crop).
Today I've been using Tevidon 50/1.8, I'm amazed. Those cine Zeiss lenses are remarkable.

They are not and never have been "cine lenses", they were high quality CCTV lenses used to monitor the inter-german
border. Admittedly Carl Zeiss Jena made some amazing glass.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"....Admittedly Carl Zeiss Jena made some amazing glass....."

Not if one reads — and believes! — the discussions on the net some 10 years earlier where doubters poured scorn on East German (GDR) products, including those from Carl Zeiss Jena. These were probably a leftover from Cold War thinking.

Laugh 1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chhayanat wrote:
"....Admittedly Carl Zeiss Jena made some amazing glass....."

Not if one reads — and believes! — the discussions on the net some 10 years earlier where doubters poured scorn on East German (GDR) products, including those from Carl Zeiss Jena. These were probably a leftover from Cold War thinking.

Laugh 1

Yes, the Zeiss Jena lenses were generally pronunced as bad quality. Some may be bad, but there are many high quality lenses, like the Visionar projection lenses, or aerial lenses, and many others.
Good side of this is that I could get some lenes quite cheap, their quality is only now known by many.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fourbillionyears wrote:
I was wondering - what type of adapter do you need to use it on the NEX mount? And, have you tried it on Sony full frame?
Thanks!

Have a look at my image circle test in the main forum. I am estimating that the c mount is limiting the Tevidon's image. At least the 100mm covers full frame when its mount is converted to Sony E.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1