Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss Photo Contest 2009 "Digital Culture"
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Toying with the idea that you enter and win 1st prize, which of the current Zeiss SLR lenses would you choose and why?
Distagon T* 3,5/18
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Distagon T* 2,8/21
34%
 34%  [ 8 ]
Distagon T* 2,8/25
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Distagon T* 2/28
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Distagon T* 2/35
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Planar T* 1,4/50
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Planar T* 1,4/85
17%
 17%  [ 4 ]
Makro-Planar T* 2/50
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Makro-Planar T* 2/100
17%
 17%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 23

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
I could have written that! Thankyou so much - until I read it I thought I was the one and only true fuddy-duddy! Smile

Nope, I'm with you Wink

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why you don't like new series of Zeiss ? I think they are just same than Contax line perhaps even better.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps my statement is biased. Call it my personal opinion.
Judged by samples I have seen here and elsewhere, I would say that Zeiss is not Zeiss like 20 or 70 years before.
I don't want to dig deep in image quality, everyone can judge by samples which are available here.

Something for me very important is the haptical perception. I have some Zeiss Contax lenses and few ZM lenses. There is a difference between them.
The old Contax lens seems rocksolid, very pleasing, build for the eternity. Then the new ZM with the shiny chrome ring (for lens shades, I know), but for me it looks ugly and is attracting attention, the metal focus ring, the metal finish. Everything feels and looks cheaper (more chinese Crying or Very sad ).
I have had problems with my Biogon 25 and C-Sonnar 50. Loose barrel after two weeks on the Biogon, I had to fix it every day after focussing 60 images, taking of the lens and tighten the barrel screw. Then the C-Sonnar, it is impossible to focus smooth, the ring reminds me on the Jupiter-9 at -10°C. Something I was not expecting from Zeiss.

Things have changed, everywhere. German cars are not german anymore and so is Zeiss. I don't want to blame Zeiss, it's the market, the shareholders, the customers, competitors.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carlsson wrote:
Perhaps my statement is biased. Call it my personal opinion.
Judged by samples I have seen here and elsewhere, I would say that Zeiss is not Zeiss like 20 or 70 years before.
I don't want to dig deep in image quality, everyone can judge by samples which are available here.

Something for me very important is the haptical perception. I have some Zeiss Contax lenses and few ZM lenses. There is a difference between them.
The old Contax lens seems rocksolid, very pleasing, build for the eternity. Then the new ZM with the shiny chrome ring (for lens shades, I know), but for me it looks ugly and is attracting attention, the metal focus ring, the metal finish. Everything feels and looks cheaper (more chinese Crying or Very sad ).
I have had problems with my Biogon 25 and C-Sonnar 50. Loose barrel after two weeks on the Biogon, I had to fix it every day after focussing 60 images, taking of the lens and tighten the barrel screw. Then the C-Sonnar, it is impossible to focus smooth, the ring reminds me on the Jupiter-9 at -10°C. Something I was not expecting from Zeiss.

Things have changed, everywhere. German cars are not german anymore and so is Zeiss. I don't want to blame Zeiss, it's the market, the shareholders, the customers, competitors.

I see, just blame them if they are deserve it. Germany is not handle by Germans any more.We can see it at many areas damn it.
I think same their products not even same than 20 yrs before, big shame... Money, money never enough for any company Microsoft (shit) did start this strategy make almost good items and people have to buy next ones always. Pretty sad Zeiss is in this line... Ask high price for lens and provide every quality control... or even worst products...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Arkku
Does this mean they now have rights to use those photos however they choose, regardless of the outcome of the competition?[/quote]

Where did you find the rules?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Himself wrote:
Arkku wrote:
Does this mean they now have rights to use those photos however they choose, regardless of the outcome of the competition?

Where did you find the rules?

I didn't find this explicitly stated anywhere, that's why I asked. =)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asked that too but I didn't receive any answer yet.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does Pancolar 50mm F1.8 count as a Zeiss lense? What do you guys think?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tharos wrote:
Does Pancolar 50mm F1.8 count as a Zeiss lense? What do you guys think?

Yes. See Page 1 of this thread.