Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss PC-Distagon 35mm f/2.8 on Fuji X-T1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 9:28 pm    Post subject: Carl Zeiss PC-Distagon 35mm f/2.8 on Fuji X-T1 Reply with quote

A rare lens, I got it for half the usual price. I don't have any need for a Shift lens actually, so I will decide later if I sell it or keep it. I had a Contax - Fuji X adapter lying around, so...

The lens is pretty difficult to master. The shift mechanism is easy to operate and the lens is in new condition, so it helped ! But when things go right, the pictures can be amazing. Of course it's super sharp, has not distortion, but the possibility to "bend the Matrix" is really cool to use.

Using it on an APS-C sensor makes little sense, I know, it would be better on a FF one... Maybe later if Fuji decides to put one in a camera. I didn't like the handling of the A7. Anyway, here are some pictures I took with it, in Paris and Frankfurt. I tried the lens for a few minutes only, just to try it. This week I plan to take a long walk with it.

Jpegs from the camera, Black & White Red filter setting.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats.
This lens is a heavy beauty, and you need definitely a FF body with it.
Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you still have this lens? I'm looking to purchase one. I shoot interiors and art installations for my day job and would like to acquire it for my kit. I currently have the Olympus 35mm shift and though it's a great lens I would like to use the zeiss.

Thanks!

Alex
http://www.asitappears.com

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

see the answer here