Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss Opton Sonnar 8.5 cm f/2 RF mount (around 1953)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:03 pm    Post subject: Carl Zeiss Opton Sonnar 8.5 cm f/2 RF mount (around 1953) Reply with quote

I got this lens sometime ago, and a few days ago received the adapter for Sony (A7R II). It looks great as a portrait lens. Soft and yet sharp, if that's possible. Beautiful transition to out of focus, for my taste.
These are my kids, btw.

#5 (shot with Canon nFD 50mm f/1.4)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1
Nice portraits!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1 Like 1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful portraits! The typical "Sonnar effect", sharpness + softness at the same time.
This is why Sonnar lenses are so much looked for, especially for portraits!! Wink

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Wonderful portraits! The typical "Sonnar effect", sharpness + softness at the same time.
This is why Sonnar lenses are so much looked for, especially for portraits!! Wink

Those could be my exact words. Sharp and soft. I really love it. This one and the Biotar 58 are my favorites.