Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss Jena Tessar 50mm 2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:20 pm    Post subject: Carl Zeiss Jena Tessar 50mm 2.8 Reply with quote

Here is the sample (my child)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all of the photos are wide open[/img]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! I knew Tessar is a good lens, but this shoots makes more excellent !

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect exposure on child's skin!!
I like the delicate tones.

[SHAMELESS COMMERCIAL]

For anyone interested I remind that I have a Tessar 2.8/50 for sale right now Wink

[/SHAMELESS COMMERCIAL]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tessar optical designed will "out of focus" when you stopping down to F5.6,

even contax 45 2.8 have the same problem.

so you should stopping down aperture first, and refocus again.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishover wrote:
Tessar optical designed will "out of focus" when you stopping down to F5.6,

even contax 45 2.8 have the same problem.

so you should stopping down aperture first, and refocus again.

That is true. I like sharp lenses and then sort everything else out in PP or in the old days the darkroom. Which some users don't agree with, which is no problem for me, we all have our own ways.

Anyway the old f2.8 Tessar was my my first lens on my very first SLR a Practica FX2 with waitst level finder (Useless) and a clip on pentaprism. I used to think the Tessar was the best lens in the world as friends had the likes of Domiplans or worse. Then I got my first Pentax (SL) with the Takumar f1.8 55mm. Oh boy. The only time the Tessar ever got used again was in the enlarger were it sadly melted. I still have the Pentax SL (And it works perfect) and I still use the f1.8 55mm on digital. But the f1.7 50mm is better (To me)
The Tessar was a fine design in its time and perhaps deserves a place in the history of lens design and performance. It has a place in my own history!