Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss Jena Tessar 16,5cm 1:4,5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:51 am    Post subject: Carl Zeiss Jena Tessar 16,5cm 1:4,5 Reply with quote

Hello

I found this old brass lens at a local antique shop. It is mounted on this wooden square board and the lens itself has focusing helicoid. I did some search on Google, so far I know it is from the 1910s era but no idea for which camera. All I know is it might be from field camera of that era. Anyone knows more about this lens, please share with me. Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

s/n 864011 was assigned in the late 1920s.

It appears to be in what CZJ calls special mount A. From a 1901 Zeiss London catalog:

The lens itself is a garden variety 165/4.5 Tessar. Should cover 110% of its focal length, the image should be quite sharp centrally at all apertures, less so towards the images until around f/22 where full coverage will be reached.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks ! appreciated your information!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry, stupid typo. edges, not images.