Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss Jena T 3.5cm F2.8 Biogon (Contax, pre-war)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:03 am    Post subject: Carl Zeiss Jena T 3.5cm F2.8 Biogon (Contax, pre-war) Reply with quote

I got this lens some time ago as part of a package (together with Sonnar 1.5/50, 4/135), but couldn't use it because it didn't fit on the NEX-6. Now I have the Sony A7 and the VNEX with Contax RF adapter from Henry (hinnerker) so I wanted to give it a try. I was prepared to see some color shift and bad corner smearing, but what a surprise.

100% crop of the above

I have to say that I'm truly impressed by this old lens... very sharp with pleasant bokeh and a very effektive coating, now I understand why people like the Biogon so much.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome,well express it why I am forever Zeiss lover Smile

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you Smile

I did expect the Biogon as a great performer, but also that it will a be problematic on a A7 (without mod) like all wide RF lenses. And yes there is some smearing in the corners... but just a bit and a lot better than I thought and better then some of my SLR lenses. For me it's a complete usable lens at the A7 and this was a nice surprice. I'm also impressed by the coating of this old lens, there was really strong light and no hood for the Biogon..

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You were lucky with coating on most lenses coating is already gone from this years or lens was non coated at all

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the lens that the Jupiter 12 is a clone of, correct?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:
This is the lens that the Jupiter 12 is a clone of, correct?

Yep, exactly.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
You were lucky with coating on most lenses coating is already gone from this years or lens was non coated at all

right... I was very lucky, the coating on all 3 lenses looks good and is still working like it should. Seems the previous owner took great care without overcleaning them. Smile