Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss Jena Sonnar 4/135 Exakta -Fuji XE-1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:16 pm    Post subject: Carl Zeiss Jena Sonnar 4/135 Exakta -Fuji XE-1 Reply with quote

I just bought this lens recently,I was after another lens in the same auction and this Sonnar was a bonus.I really think you can't go wrong with a Sonnar lens.I have the later MC S 3.5/135 Sonnar (M42) and there is no difference between them.In handling the M42 certainly is a lot easier to use....but not by that much.
The blades on the 4/135 are a little bit sticky but with use they seem to be working ok now.The focusing is smooth which as we know can be a hit or miss with some of these lenses.
Taken at F4 early morning sun,on a monopod and there was a slight breeze.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow .. the contrast really bring the colors up

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yellows are so hard to capture, so I had cranked the shutter speed dial on the XE-1 to 1000,to try and not blow out the yellow.I also have the Fuji's menu setting to Velvia for punchier colors.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smooth as butter bokeh too! Spread that on toast: Cheers!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shot Mo.
Sonnars never disappoint
OH

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more sunflower taken from the front.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not much to complain about there Wink How close does the older Exakta version focus?

And maybe the DRR-Zeiss lens experts can telll me if I'm confused and doddery in thinking that one or other of the 1960s Jena lenses had a diaphragm that adjusted to give a constant aperture as you focused closer? I could be way off-track . . .

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Stephen
It focuses close enough for me which is 1m,which is not bad for flowers.Its probably ideal for cat portraits but the cat is being a cat and doing her own thing at the moment.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love this lens. Cheap, and handy. My working horse. ^^