Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss Jena Sonnar 135mm f4 finish ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:25 pm    Post subject: Carl Zeiss Jena Sonnar 135mm f4 finish ? Reply with quote

Click here to see on Ebay My new diamond Smile it is arrived in safety!

How can I call this type of finish ?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, looks great

tim

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gorgeous!

Perhaps you call it "Star-Wars-Lightsabre-Finish". Wink

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Star War .... finish yeah ! Laughing Same size or bit smaller than black MC I am planning to make photograph from all pieces together.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like part of a light fixture at a discotheque!

But actually and seriously, this is a stunning lens in terms of workmanship. It looks like it has never even been touched. The styling is outrageously beautiful.

I saw in the description a sort of disclaimer about the f:4 speed of the lens, but that seems a small issue; in fact, for me, it would be no issue at all since most of my photography tends towards landscapes.

NICE lens...NICE bargain.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Carl Zeiss Jena Sonnar 135mm f4 finish ? Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Click here to see on Ebay My new diamond Smile it is arrived in safety!

How can I call this type of finish ?

I have a Sonnar 180/2.8 in Pentacon 6 mount with the same finish. The focusing ring with the funky ridges is made out of some kind of bakelite, which makes it very sensitive to shocks. The ring on my Sonnar shows a few cracks and the lens shade (same material) was broken in 4 pieces when I opened the parcel...

Fortunately, your lens seems in much better shape than mine Smile

Cheers!

Abbazz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This finish is one of the rarest so you are lucky with any condition I guess :)Don't you have an Exakta-P6 adapter ? I am looking for that to buy.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
This finish is one of the rarest so you are lucky with any condition I guess :)Don't you have an Exakta-P6 adapter ? I am looking for that to buy.

I bought the lens for cheap because the aperture ring was inoperative. I don't really mind because I always shoot this lens wide open. One day, I might give a try to repairing the diaphragm.

Sorry, Attila, no Exakta-P6 adapter. Maybe you can try to contact the seller of my lens, fotoherbstcom on eBay. He seems to have a lot of stuff for Pentacon 6. Otherwise, Baier Fototechnik appears to be selling them new (at a price):
http://www.baierfoto.de/new.html

Cheers!

Abbazz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The proper Pentacon P6-Exakta adapter allows fully automatic aperture stop-down and looks exaktly ( Wink ) like the rear part of an Exakta mount lens and works in the same way.

There are two different types - the early one that only allows the mounting of lenses from 120mm focal length upwards and the later version that is universal mount.

The early ones have a tube inside that physically prevents the mounting of lenses below 120mm, while the later ones don't have this tube.

They are very rare....

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lost one just three day before when I figured out I need one Sad Many thanks guys!