Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss Jena Kipronar 1.9/140 questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:32 pm    Post subject: Carl Zeiss Jena Kipronar 1.9/140 questions Reply with quote

Hello everyone! I'm new to the forum, and relatively new to projection lenses. I recently picked up the Kipronar 1.9/140. It is in serious need of deep cleaning (dust, grime etc. on the elements.)

I'm posting here because I cannot seem to find any tutorials for this lens on how to disassemble it to begin the cleaning process. What I'm asking is for one of you wonderful people to assist me in providing some info in how to begin this project.

Also I have already tried to unscrew the front element (where the branding is) it seems to be super tight, what tool would I need to loosen it?

I also have one more question what would I use to adapt this lens to my Canon eos m? I can't seem to find any detailed info on what mount/ helicoid would be a good choice for this lens.

Thank you to everyone in advance! I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section. I can provide pictures if needed.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome atbphotos

May be photos of lens will help us help you.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
Welcome atbphotos

May be photos of lens will help us help you.

Here are some photos, I didn't know what to exactly to include. Let me know if there is anything else that I need to get a picture of.

I saw a video on youtube that comprised of photos of a person adapting it but he only showed the finished project. I reached out to him and this is what he said
"It is necessary to shorten the tube from the back side and make some mounting element - in this case the M42 from the old lens Helios"

Thank you in advance for your help.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lens wrenches (aka spanner) are available online. japan to and hobby is where I got mine but there are abunch of place on ebay

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1311.R4.TR6.TRC2.A0.H0.Xlens+wrench.TRS0&_nkw=lens+spanner+wrench&_sacat=0

Your lens looks umm large! I do notice a bit of either coating damage or separation in the front of the lens. That will likely degrade contrast a bit. I have never adapted a projection lens. Only done a bit of free lensing. Well to be honest I have done quick and dirty temporary adatptations with plastic tubes cut from bottles, neoprene foam or blu-tak. But they wouldn't be permanent and with a very large lens like that would be unwieldy.