Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss Jena Herar 1:3,5 F=3,5cm Nr.2641110 Contax mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:15 pm    Post subject: Carl Zeiss Jena Herar 1:3,5 F=3,5cm Nr.2641110 Contax mount Reply with quote

Here I have truly a rare gem for sale — pre-war Zeiss Herar lens.
Expecting something about 1499€. Paypal or local pickup.

May, 2015 UPDATE: lens sold for 900€ to Leica Shop of Peter Coeln GmbH in Vienna, Austria. It was a pleasure to have deal with them.

It is in mint sexy condition. No flaws at all. Just regular tiny scratches here and there on the beautiful chrome barrel.
Optics are crystal clear, no oil on diaphragm blades.

The lens was fully refurbished. Optics and mechanics cleaned, focus helix and diaphragm ring lubed with optical grease, aluminium diaphragm ring polished. What a smooth look and move!

Only a batch of 1000 were made at the end of summer of 1939. Who knows how many survived the WWII and the transportation of the Zeiss Jena factory to Krasnogorsk, USSR. Probably a couple of dozen of these Herars are still alive.

Here on the forum http://goo.gl/pxIbX5 Orio says that *if you have some money to invest, buy this lens. It is like buying gold, or a jewel.* There you can also look for some additional info about Herar lens.

Also, Marco Cavina has some useful info on the matter here http://www.marcocavina.com/articoli_fotografici/Pierpaolo_Ghisetti/07/00_pag.htm

This is a kind of charity sale. I give all the income to noble old director of photography Sergey Rozhkov of NIKFI, pioneer Russian Institute in stereo-, 70mm- and holographic film.

Here are the shiny pics:

As for the worldwide shipping options, you choose whether its long but cheap or fast and pricey. Both should be insured I think.

My Ebay ID is vio85rus.

Last edited by Lo-Wok Li Ya on Thu May 14, 2015 11:30 am; edited 3 times in total

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked wow what a beauty !! Please do me a favorite and post also in Equipment Gallery sections!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I'll do my best there.

Last edited by Lo-Wok Li Ya on Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got them thank you!!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aha, here http://cabolens.blogspot.ru/2012/03/zeiss-ikon-acepta-el-reto-la-contax.html I found the lens scheme:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the patent for this lens which is designed by Sylvester Huber
http://www.google.com/patents/US2124301

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a kind of Tessar development. There are two lenses in the Patent, and seems Herar could be f2.8 if the other was chosen for production.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I'd say it's more like a simplified Dagor.

A Dagor has two cemented triplets, one either side of the central stop:

'normal' Dagor on the right, wide angle Dagor on the left.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drool... it's so shinny..

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile

A couple of Dedolight DLH4s do the backlight nicely. Then, tiny plastic camera on my Samsung phone adds light rays and leaks.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

May, 2015 UPDATE: lens sold for 900€ to Leica Shop of Peter Coeln GmbH in Vienna, Austria. It was a pleasure to have deal with them.

There seems to be an auction in summer 2015, and it's interesting to see how much Herar would go if any.