Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss Jena DDR Pancolar 50mm 1.8 images
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:13 am    Post subject: Carl Zeiss Jena DDR Pancolar 50mm 1.8 images Reply with quote

I received it some days ago from one of the most reputated sellers on eBay Wink, but I had just time to briefly check it at arrival.
Yesterday I had some time to carefully looking at it and to take some shots (not with it, but to it Smile ).
I profess some religious faith on the CZJ lenses. Up to now the CZJ Planar was the flagship of my small lens collection, but after seeing the Pancolar, it might well be that it could replace the Planar position...
Here are some shots of this fine and lovely lens:

Even the case that came with it was pristine...

Now I'm working on the Praktica VLC3 to try this lens with it, but this is matter of a different thread...

Jes.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a fine looking piece of glass. I look forward to seeing some shots.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too! Try it wide open ...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks beautiful Jes. We're all as excited as you are and waiting for samples.

patrickh

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
Looks beautiful Jes. We're all as excited as you are and waiting for samples.

patrickh

Thanks!.
Me too, I'm still waiting for the Pentax-K M42 adapter... Smile

Jes.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Reverent exam of my new Pancolar 50mm 1.8 Reply with quote

This lens really looks like new! Congratulations!

Jesito wrote:
I profess some religious faith on the CZJ lenses.

I guess this is exactly one of the reasons that accounts for their reputation.
They are not bad lenses, by no means. However, I think that some other brands are not worse than CZJ lenses and still much cheaper, because hardly anybody "believes" in them...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Reverent exam of my new Pancolar 50mm 1.8 Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
This lens really looks like new! Congratulations!

Jesito wrote:
I profess some religious faith on the CZJ lenses.

I guess this is exactly one of the reasons that accounts for their reputation.
They are not bad lenses, by no means. However, I think that some other brands are not worse than CZJ lenses and still much cheaper, because hardly anybody "believes" in them...

You're right, that's why my second faith are the russian ones Wink...

Jes.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried lot of lenses Nikkor, Olympus, CZJ, Russians etc.

I strongly believe CZ and CZJ lenses are one of the best ones, better than Russians and any other cheap lenses, they are so close to Carl Zeiss lenses. I believe the best lenses are made by Carl Zeiss , to like or not like a lens very subjective matter. Russians are represent same class than highest Japanese manufacturer, finally LENSES ARE MADE IN GERMANY!!! Smile Not in Japan, Korea or somewhere else. Yes I am nationalist Smile