Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss Jena Biotar7,5cm f1.5 Exakta.. most valuable lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterm1 wrote:
... Its amazing though how much "stuff" you collect over the years. I first got serious about cameras maybe in 1993 and after that for a while it was like a disease and I spent a lot of money quickly. That has slowed down now but even if I make say one major aquisition a year a a few small ones it still adds up if you do not sell, and by nature I am a hoarder. I like to buy and keep.

I guess we all know what you're talking about. Wink

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Ironfan wrote:
G'day Attila, you wouldn't happen to be the new owner of a 300mm Tamron (Tamaron) by any chance?

Please explain a bit more , I couldn't follow you!

Yes, there was a Tamron SP300mm lens on UK eBay last night, bought by an ebayer with the nic "Atilla" and registered in Hungary. So I wondered if this guy was the one and same person as yourself? The lens was described as being in VGC and went for pds33. The listing was headed Tamaron 300mm lens.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, it was me Smile

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry if this was asked a while back, I'm new to the forum and I just love it! The whole Manual Lens... Currently I'm running Pentax M42's on my 20D EOS. I have a collection starting, 135 SMC, 55 SMC, Super, 50SMC, Super, 35 1/2: Super, 17SMC Wide, and soon a bunch of Exakta my uncle says he has. The only problem is I don't have a 35mm to hold the Exakta lenses or I would use it... So, is there an Adapter (Exakta to EOS), is it a m42 screw mount?
I would hate to see these lenses collect dust while I search for a film camera, but would like to instead run them on my EOS

If anyone can help I would be much appreciated for it. Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Razster. Welcome!

Yes, there is an EXA-EOS-adapter but it is pretty expensive and I d not have personal experiences with it. Perhaps Orio can tell you.

But you can get working EXA cams for little money. So that would be an alternative...

Last edited by LucisPictor on Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the adapter, but I don't have any exakta lens, so I have not tried it yet. Sad

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
I have the adapter, but I don't have any exakta lens, so I have not tried it yet. Sad

If I were to search for a name, what name would I call the Adapter?
"EXA to EOS" or Exakta to EOS?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Razster wrote:
Orio wrote:

Here's my auction, look at it it's quicker:

Click here to see on Ebay
-

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Razster wrote:
Orio wrote:

Here's my auction, look at it it's quicker:

Click here to see on Ebay
-

Thank you, I found one which is $59 since I don't use AF or think they have AF.

Also found an adapter for my biotar Smile

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see you here! Welcome to our community!