Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss Jena biotar f2/58mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:44 am    Post subject: Carl Zeiss Jena biotar f2/58mm Reply with quote

Use on 6D will hit the mirror,I had to take out my 650d。

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is an excellent lens as your images show.
Well done
Tom

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favourite lens. I have the semi-automatic version.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those look fantastic. Are they post processed or SOOC?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for your support

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cbass wrote:
Those look fantastic. Are they post processed or SOOC?

There is an increase in brightness and color

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shots. I notice that you took some of these shot at close to infinity if not bang on. And you actually mount it on your camera with an adaptor. You must have made adjustment to the lens somehow to enable infinity shots. Would you please advise what I could do on mine please. I use Nikon body.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My very first foray into adapting lenses was a Biotar 58mm F2. I had purchased a Canon 60D as my first interchangeable mount digital camera. Previously I had transitioned from an OM 1 to pentax point and shoot, then a pentax x90 bridge camera. I wanted interchangeable to take photos of a comet I don't recall which as it was not very visible in our region. Looking for options for better lenses than the kit lens for day to day, a Canon shooters forum suggested to save money trying vintage lenses and flea markets, second hand stores and such. I found a Exakta VXIIA with the Biotar, in a pristine ever ready case. The camera case and lens looked completely unused. The mirror had oxidized a bit over the years and I ran one roll of film through it. Then I cleaned it exceptionally well put it in a zip lock bag with some drysorbs. It's been out and test fired every couple years but someday, if all goes well it will be in someone's camera museum. I dug into Exakta history, bought a few more cameras, mostly duds but a couple of nice Tessars, a Pancolar and an ISCO 100mm f4 and I was completely hooked. Some few thousand lenses and many thousands of dollars later I realize I should have just bought the 24-70L the 100-400L and I would have been way ahead financially.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamaeolus wrote:
My very first foray into adapting lenses was a Biotar 58mm F2. I had purchased a Canon 60D as my first interchangeable mount digital camera. Previously I had transitioned from an OM 1 to pentax point and shoot, then a pentax x90 bridge camera. I wanted interchangeable to take photos of a comet I don't recall which as it was not very visible in our region. Looking for options for better lenses than the kit lens for day to day, a Canon shooters forum suggested to save money trying vintage lenses and flea markets, second hand stores and such. I found a Exakta VXIIA with the Biotar, in a pristine ever ready case. The camera case and lens looked completely unused. The mirror had oxidized a bit over the years and I ran one roll of film through it. Then I cleaned it exceptionally well put it in a zip lock bag with some drysorbs. It's been out and test fired every couple years but someday, if all goes well it will be in someone's camera museum. I dug into Exakta history, bought a few more cameras, mostly duds but a couple of nice Tessars, a Pancolar and an ISCO 100mm f4 and I was completely hooked. Some few thousand lenses and many thousands of dollars later I realize I should have just bought the 24-70L the 100-400L and I would have been way ahead financially.

Here we go. I come from the other direction for a special look and feel. Having had the renowned 24-70 2.8 for 10 years with the exactly the idea to avoid collecting lenses. Being digital, we could manipulate/simulate the bokeh to how we wanted but man the Biotar shots melts me completely.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 That works all right, nice job. Love the bubbles in #6.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gomailbox wrote:
jamaeolus wrote:

Here we go. I come from the other direction for a special look and feel. Having had the renowned 24-70 2.8 for 10 years with the exactly the idea to avoid collecting lenses. Being digital, we could manipulate/simulate the bokeh to how we wanted but man the Biotar shots melts me completely.

Find a copy of the Konica 57mm 1.2 to try.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2021 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2021 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1