Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss Jena Biometar 80mm f2.8 M42
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:21 am    Post subject: Carl Zeiss Jena Biometar 80mm f2.8 M42 Reply with quote

Is anybody ever seen this lens either in EXA or M42 mount ?
http://www.mflenses.com/content/view/278/29/

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw an M42 mount Biometar 80 some time ago, and I saw an Exakta mount Biometar 120 offered for sale about a year ago too although I don't recall if it was a fixed mount or just a P6 lens with adapter.

If the 120 was offered as fixed Exakta mount, it could be possible that the 80 was as well.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In alu finish ? Normal Biometar has alu leatherette, zebra and black MC version.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it was indeed alu finish.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Biometar 120mm f2.8 mostly in alu with some leatherette finish with P6 mount that is looks much different than this.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I've never seen one like that! I have an 80/2.8 Tessar in M42 that looks just like that Biometar, and even the Tessar does not seem to be very common in that mount. My Tessar appears to be the same lens that was standard on the Exakta 66 (and I think it was also on early Praktisixes) so it stands to reason that there would have been an M42 Biometar .... especially since the Biometar is so much better a lens than the Tessar.

I expect that this is a collectible lens, and for modern use a P6 Biometar and adapter might be a more economical route to the same destination.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never seen 80mm M42 Tessar don't you have two copy from them ?