Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss 85 sonnar repair
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 7:28 pm    Post subject: Carl Zeiss 85 sonnar repair Reply with quote

I have an 85mm Carl Zeiss contax sonnar that needs a repair. The front housing and lens element have become loose. I would very much like to rectify this as i love this lens. I feel sure that it ought to be rather straight forward but cant see where to begin. Any help would be most appriciated

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome ! General lens maintenance instruction should works. first need proper tools (spanner wrench, rubber gum, quality small screw drivers)

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome benbatt!

That is a rare expensive lens many photographers dream to have imho. Please leave repair to best quality service people any time you think your skills maybe not enough.

General lens maintenance instruction

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
Welcome benbatt!

That is a rare expensive lens many photographers dream to have imho. Please leave repair to best quality service people any time you think your skills maybe not enough.

General lens maintenance instruction

+10

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 12:13 am    Post subject: Re: Carl Zeiss 85 sonnar repair Reply with quote

benbatt wrote:
I have an 85mm Carl Zeiss contax sonnar that needs a repair. The front housing and lens element have become loose. I would very much like to rectify this as i love this lens. I feel sure that it ought to be rather straight forward but cant see where to begin. Any help would be most appriciated

Have you tried to manually screw them in?
Do not use any tool - just your hand. Keep the front lens protected with a cap if possible. Then hold the top of barrel strongly, holding the base of the lens with the other hand, and try to screw in the top of barrel.
If I understood your description well, this could work.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried to sew the front housing but it really dosnt feel like its going to move and i don't want to force it. It feels to me as though there are some screws that have come loose but there are none that i can see.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may help;

https://picasaweb.google.com/101066142895334045617/Sonnar#

Jaap Jan