Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

canonet ql19 front lens damage - swapping lens with ql17?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:38 am    Post subject: canonet ql19 front lens damage - swapping lens with ql17? Reply with quote

I got yesterday a realy mint canonet ql19, still smelling of new leather. Alas the front element has a tiny nick (0,5 mm or less) which was surely the result of some fumbling one of the very few times it was used.

I wonder if in a humane amount of time I could swap the entire lens assembly with my stiìuck canonet ql17.

My supposition is that rear and front lens groups are interchangeable

I know there are schematics around but i'm far from home.

I can shape special spanners easily using some elastic spring steel I have at home (carpenter's flat sheet style spatulae I modify by grinding and filing)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait until you get home? Smile

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
Wait until you get home? Smile

main question concerns feasibility. maybe somebody has some experience.

I have not much spare time available.. better to shot pics when I have it. I do not want to spend more than a few hours on this stuff.

In any case I will sooner or later find a for parts 19 to use as donor, which is a quick fix

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:37 am    Post subject: Re: canonet ql19 front lens damage - swapping lens with ql17 Reply with quote

bghomofaber wrote:
Alas the front element has a tiny nick (0,5 mm or less) which was surely the result of some fumbling one of the very few times it was used.

is that 0,5 mm long or wide? If it is 0,5 mm long, I wouldn't do anything.