Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon T80 camera
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:04 am    Post subject: Canon T80 camera Reply with quote

I've just won this T80 camera on ebay, it is almost mint with everything working including the built in lithium battery and it has a nice clear LCD dispalay. It comes with the AC 35-70 lens. Anyone here familiar with this beastie?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-80

could not resist sorry Smile

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not the pretty one in a family
http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/companies/canon/fdresources/SLRs/canont80/

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've gone either side of it with T70 and T90 Wink

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not pretty I grant you but uncommon.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I`m using my recently acquired T-70. Can`t say that I like it too much. The feel of the camera is OK, but I`m missing AV mode and the modes that are present feel...strange.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i do not know i am just not a fan of FD mount canon line up, have not used that one but others and those feel to me over complicated.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is pretty simple, just straight auto. There is one mode where you can select a range of shutter speeds which is useful. I think I've discovered the lens doesn't autofocus which is a bummer.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lenses don't seem too expensive here in the US.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Canon-AC-35-70mm-F3-5-4-5-Autofocus-Zoom-Lens-with-FD-Mount-/271645753955?pt=Camera_Lenses&hash=item3f3f594263

Good luck with the new camera.

Phil

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, the T80 is a curiosity. Its reception is pretty much the reason why Canon abandoned FD and went with a clean sheet of paper, aka the EF mount. Even though die-hard FD/FL users remain (I am one, but I also use EOS), it was the best move Canon could have made. Put them miles ahead of the competition too with a totally fresh electronic interface, and physically larger mount (reduces vignetting with super telephoto lenses).

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Canon T80 camera Reply with quote

philslizzy wrote:
I've just won this T80 camera on ebay, it is almost mint with everything working including the built in lithium battery and it has a nice clear LCD dispalay. It comes with the AC 35-70 lens. Anyone here familiar with this beastie?

Actually it is the first Canon auto focus camera. Not real common as they decided to go the vastly superior EOS system for the AF doing away with the ancient mechanical linkages that allowed for very advanced capabilities in their lenses and bodies.
But it is a great piece of history and I would hang onto it.
Then go back to the MF lenses we love.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Canon T80 camera Reply with quote

Architect1776 wrote:
philslizzy wrote:

Actually it is the first Canon auto focus camera. Not real common as they decided to go the vastly superior EOS system for the AF doing away with the ancient mechanical linkages that allowed for very advanced capabilities in their lenses and bodies.
But it is a great piece of history and I would hang onto it.
Then go back to the MF lenses we love.

Thanks for your reply and welcome to the forum. I am hanging on to it and looking for a working lens. I'm not sure if there is a way you can test them. Is there?

My canon Collection, theT80 is on the far right

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:30 am    Post subject: Re: Canon T80 camera Reply with quote

philslizzy wrote:

I am hanging on to it and looking for a working lens. I'm not sure if there is a way you can test them. Is there?

You have me confused. Your T80 appears to have an AC lens mounted to it already, yes? Is it not working?

As for other working lenses, Canon made only three for the T80: the AC 50mm f/1.8, AC 35-70mm f/3.5-4.5, and AC 75-200mm f/4.5.

Any FD lens can be mounted to the T80 and it will provide focus assistance, similar to the AL-1.

As for testing them, yes I'm sure there must be a way, but I couldn't tell you how.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The autofocus in the AC lens doesnt work. Otherwise its nice.