Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon sureshot
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:16 am    Post subject: Canon sureshot Reply with quote

Just posting these for historical records.It came with a bunch of stuff off of ebay and it takes some nice images...which I will post when I find them (all taken by my youngest son...('Cool')

Here they are!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The SureShots are great little P&S cameras. I think you have another
shutterbug coming up in the family!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here in the States, the Sure Shot was a very popular camera in its day. And you're right, they were great little picture takers. I have an AF35ML, which is the Sure Shot's "bigger brother," aka the Super Sure Shot. Has the 40mm f/1.9 lens, which is not necessarily any sharper, but does provide the user with one stop more of light usability in marginal instances. I like mine because, not only is it an excellent picture-taker, but it was made mostly out of metal. Was that the case with the Sure Shot also?

Last edited by cooltouch on Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:14 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they are plastic, but a good quality plastic. Wink I have the Canon
Sure Shot Classic 120 that has been a real surprise.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes plastic but solid plastic... Rolling Eyes Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mo, I have one just like that.They are neat little cameras.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walter I note you have a few little cameras which is your favorite?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
Walter I note you have a few little cameras which is your favorite?

Konica C35. Small very well designed camera, that's nice looking, and performs well too.
I still have a few cameras to test. Most of them I pick up for $3 or less. Smile

I still need to order the battery for my Canonet QL17 GIII, but it's heavier and larger. So the Konica probably will still be used more.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one sitting in my cupboard. It was all that I used throughout the `80s but sadly it doesn`t seem to work anymore.
Prob the contacts need some sort of attention.
I`ve tried scraping them to make a better connection and a new battery but still no life in it.

Michael